JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I had a rodent problem when I bought an older house recently. I had a bunch of remodeling done and after quite a few months of vacancy the house became home to Raccoon, Opossum, And who knows what else. I have since sealed any access to the house and currently have no more uninvited guests around.

I asked for advice here and someone told me to get a motion detector sprinkler. I did and I put one out front and 2 in back. They work pretty well....Blue Jays get angry but they seem to come back for more water fun! I have forgotten many times to turn it off and soaked myself walking through the yard....I rarely forget now.

I was just watching a couple 18-20 year old kids driving a mini bike up and down my road. It broke down in front of my house and watching them try to fix it was hilarious. So they decided to get shade and move to under my apple tree.....I did not like them in my lawn. I was standing up to go holler at them when WHOOSH one got sprayed in the back as he sat down on my lawn.....He looked so scared....It was awesome. Then they looked confused and the other went to wheel away the bike he leaned on my tree and again WHOOSH right in the privates.....again completely confusion like watching monkeys out there. The other one decided to "inspect" what was happening. Kid started crawling toward the sprinkler...WHOOSH in the face and they got the hell of my lawn!

I now owe much thanks to the advice on here. Getting those DID help with rodents but 5 min ago it gave me more joy than can be described.

You're just a mean old fart, huh?! o_O

Not that I have a problem with that, I like it! :D

Funny thing is I am not so old but mean is right. I would have laughed no matter what but the bike bogged down and just clearly cut off gas....Little kids just had run out I am 99% sure since they had it on the road again 10 min later....Stayed out of my yard though.
Something about just hanging out in my yard annoys the crap out of me. They are pretty good kids but it makes me want to spray them with the hose....Mission accomplished.

What kind of mini bike?

A doodle bug of sorts. Has a little Honda motor on it but pretty sure it was made by their dad or something. They are fun little things and run great so long as you keep gas in them.

My favorite part was when they came back down the road the kid had different shorts on since my sprinkler made it look like he had quite a large accident. It was good for them...Hot day!

Neither Raccoons or Opossums are Rodents but from all of us thanks for the funny story.

Well I know The opossum are giant rats. The Raccoon just may be a superior species to us from my trying to take care of them coming around. Those are some smart A holes. I have never had quite so many around before and they tested my intelligence on a regular basis.
I would say I won but I am pretty sure they simply retreated to call in the troops and come after me with full force. Kinda like Rambo always does every movie..Somehow takes time to gather weapons and sharpen his knife...In this case claws and teeth...except 1000 John Rambos coming my way.

If I stop posting you guys know what happened to me now.

Right now my 8" culvert overflow from my irrigation pond is plugged by an opossum that crawled 100 yards up the pipe and then got stuck. I'll have to dig up the lawn to get it out. :mad::(:eek: Or maybe let it dissolve slowly while the alternate overflow handles the task. My wife asked me if I was going to dig it out before it became "soft." I told her that I would dig the hole and open up the pipe if she would fish it out and dispose of it. ;)

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sondrakistan.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F03%2Fget-off-my-lawn.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top