JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1596299625469.jpeg

I guess it takes lot whole lot more to impress you. Me, I was impressed, but then I've seen it for real, too. The prototype, did a loop, BTW. I never saw any US strategic bomber do that.

I can remember one day in the early '80s at Kapiolani Park (near Diamondhead) when.......I saw one of those. I can still remember that camo paint scheme, as it flew (banked) really close. Or maybe it just appeared to be close? Yeah....that huge wing. It must have been, what impressed me the most. Whatever.

BTW.....there are a couple of videos (on YouTube) about the Brits bombing the Falklands with the last of those birds.

Aloha, Mark

I can remember one day in the early '80s at Kapiolani Park (near Diamondhead) when.......I saw one of those. I can still remember that camo paint scheme, as it flew (banked) really close. Or maybe it just appeared to be close? Yeah....that huge wing. It must have been, what impressed me the most. Whatever.

BTW.....there are a couple of videos (on YouTube) about the Brits bombing the Falklands with the last of those birds.

Aloha, Mark

Yup, that would have been a Red Flag exercise - all of NATO's big stuff, although actually it just meant the US and the Brits - nobody else had any kind of a strategic bomber.

A B-52 almost did a roll one time at Fairchild AFB. Started at too low and altitude. :eek: One wonders, based on the reputation of the pilot, if he hadn't rolled one (or more) at a greater altitude in the past.

A B-52 almost did a roll one time at Fairchild AFB. Started at too low and altitude. :eek: One wonders, based on the reputation of the pilot, if he hadn't rolled one (or more) at a greater altitude in the past.

Yup, it was noted at the time that the pilot had a well-deserved reputation for 'adventurous aircraft handling'. This time, however he not only lacked common-sense and good airmanship, but air.

'The ground is a hard teacher'.

RIP the poor crew who had to sit there and die along with him.

No recorded b-52 roll anywhere. Probably not doable. No ailerons. The 94 crash was a descent due to overbank.

I'll be honest, I was looking up Kabooms last night and found one where a guy had a bolt shoot back into his neck. The culprit was a Vulcan .50 and at first I thought this was going to be another of those. Still a good watch, though :D

I guess it takes lot whole lot more to impress you. Me, I was impressed, but then I've seen it for real, too. The prototype, did a loop, BTW. I never saw any US strategic bomber do that.
I liked it, my reply was a crude attempt at humor; Spock being a Vulcan and everything. ;)
Ah, right. It looked more like this to me -

View attachment 729865
Vulcans do not lie - it was kewl
Gentlemen, gentlemen... Perhaps a pic of Mr. Spock exhibiting a bit more "surprise" would have been a better choice...???
Say, something like this?

Spock_eyebrow.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR