JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Gang. Some of us cannot choose to afford the very high dollar weapon lights. [$100 and up] I have found and purchased a really good'un on Amazon that does well.
Its a HiLight P5S 500 Lumen weapon flashlight. $25.50 plus shipping right now. I have been running it for a few days now and its an amazingly deceptive light. Very bright and solid mounted on an XD45 that lives in the bedroom. Nothing yet but hearts and flowers for it. No complaints at all. Iffin you're looking for a quality, lower cost weapon light you might want to take a look at this little beauty. That's the only dog I have in this fight :cool:

Hey Gang. Some of us cannot choose to afford the very high dollar weapon lights. [$100 and up] I have found and purchased a really good'un on Amazon that does well.
Its a HiLight P5S 500 Lumen weapon flashlight. $25.50 plus shipping right now. I have been running it for a few days now and its an amazingly deceptive light. Very bright and solid mounted on an XD45 that lives in the bedroom. Nothing yet but hearts and flowers for it. No complaints at all. Iffin you're looking for a quality, lower cost weapon light you might want to take a look at this little beauty. That's the only dog I have in this fight :cool:
think it will hold up to a shotgun ?

But did they shoot it? Seems like a lot of people put crap on a gun and assume it works until they put it through the paces.
Good point, to which I shrug my shoulders and say, I don't know. There's a lot of BS reviews and false praise for stuff on Amazon, but when I'm very interested, I read a lot more.
Nice thing about Amazon, tho', is the support and return policy. I've purchased three things from there that did't work out. Two vendors replaced without question and the replacements worked well, one vendor refunded all my money.
It's no wonder they are putting so many brick and mortar stores out of business.

I swear I have the same weapon light, except mine is unbranded had it for at least 6 years and it has over 800 rounds with it installed on various firearms. I had it mostly on my wife's XDM9 for a few years, then it went on a taurus millenium 24/7, then on a glock 21sf for about a year, afterwards it was on an AR pistol and now it sits on my ruger mkIV tactical. No issues whatsoever. Definitely not as bright as mu streamlights but is bright enough and still does its job. I believe mine was only $15 shipped on fleabay.

I had head knocker rail on my Shotgun, bought what they said was a heavy duty light.
Looked pretty cool, fired in one time and the glass and batteries came flying out ......
Tacticool, doesn't always equal tactical !:D

But did they shoot it? Seems like a lot of people put crap on a gun and assume it works until they put it through the paces.

This is the thing with a weapon light, more so than even an emergency flashlight.

I've had a number of name brand flashlights fail on me - including Maglite and Streamlight and OLight (the latter shipped me a flashlight that didn't work right out of the box). I don't want a weapon light to fail to turn on or or otherwise fail when I am using it. Surefire lights are very expensive, but they have a very good reputation. Streamlight maybe less so, but still better than some brand I have never heard of before. I see a LOT of off brand weapon lights advertised here and there for fractions of the price of mainstream brands, but I would not put them on my weapons.

... will it hold up to a shotgun?...

I would say yes. I have a similar light on an old Rem 870 short barrel 12ga. The light hasn't moved yet and works just fine for my use.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top