JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
100 years ago , next year is when the U.S. got involved in WWI.
A excellent book about the Marines in WWI is Fix Bayonets , by John W.Thomason Jr.
The 5th and 6th Marine Regiments formed the 4th brigade of the U.S. Army's 2nd Division.
Some the battles the 5th and 6th Marine fought in along side the 9th and 23d Infantry regiments were:
Belleau Wood , Chateau-Thierry , Soissons , St. Mihiel and Blanc Mont.

Fix bayonets is a very readable book. Tomason based events on what he saw or experienced .
Tomason also did all the artwork for the book.
All in all this is an outstanding book about the individuals who made up the Marines in WWI.
Andy

Last Edited:
Just thought I'd add this

image.png image.jpeg

Not a Marine myself, but three of my sons were. Multiple tours in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Kuwait, Dubai, Bangladesh, Okinawa, Iwo Jima, Silent Drill Platoon. These boys are 100 times the man I ever was or will be.

Our son at :19. We were behind the camera at the Hoover Dam shot. Pretty damn impressive. We spent a good portion of 4 years flying around the country to see these boys off to deployments, meeting some very nice and impressive people. The Marine Corp was good for they boys, outside of the PTSD from some combat incidents, provided them an education and home loans.

Last Edited:
I was a Marine 1968-72, just a "REMF". Hardly a Spartan.

I am glad my son has never shown any interest in the military - not because there is any problem with it per se, but because of what the US government uses the military for: extending the empire. No, it is not about defending liberty at all, despite all the propaganda.

When the 2nd Revolution comes to this country, it will be interesting to see what side the military comes down on - liberty or tyranny. It's hard to guess which way they will go.

I was a Marine 1968-72, just a "REMF". Hardly a Spartan.

I am glad my son has never shown any interest in the military - not because there is any problem with it per se, but because of what the US government uses the military for: extending the empire. No, it is not about defending liberty at all, despite all the propaganda.

When the 2nd Revolution comes to this country, it will be interesting to see what side the military comes down on - liberty or tyranny. It's hard to guess which way they will go.

Thank you for your service.

There is no question where these guys will come down. After their service and seeing their brothers die in combat and some of the bullbubblegum rules they had to engage by, they came home and tried to decompress and adjust back to society.

Most of them are armed to the teeth, and swore that oath and are ready to defend the Constitution against all enemies, especially domestic ones. Then they have helped trained a lot of people like myself, who will provide that support and back up as best we can to them. The veterans simply will not tolerate tyranny and anarchy and will defend it with their lives once again. They did not serve to roll over and let the tyrants get away with it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top