JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Said it before and once again: Taurus TCP. Once I ran enough rounds to figure out how to hold it and what it liked to shoot (to be fair, most anything factory) the trigger bushing broke. Taurus charged me for the replacement part which I installed. Worked fine again until it started to have an inconsistent sear release; pull all the way back, then start to let off and it would fire, but only every few rounds. Debating whether to send it back to Miami or take it boating... :rolleyes:

Several people have mentioned Llama pistols as having given troubles. I used to like Spanish pistols, in general. For one thing, they were cheap. And this is how they have come to be discussed here. In my early gun buying days, I owned over half a dozen different Astra pistols. I used to think they were neat, even with the water gun look. Then decades later, I bought one very cheaply at a gun show. Part price, part nostalgia. I even went to the trouble of stocking up on 9mm Largo ammo. Which by that time had once again become scarce. Then I took the pistol to the range. Real piece of crap. It fired, but all over. It wouldn't produce a group, more like a loose pattern. That was the end, I was finally cured.

I've owned half a dozen Star automatics in 9mm and .380, one .45 Model P that had to go back to the store immediately because the hammer wouldn't stay cocked after firing. Star pistols are okay but the ones I owned, they just weren't made of the same steel that quality US guns are made of. Yes, they will mostly shoot okay but for how long? I won't go into detail about why I know about steel quality, trust me on this one.

Llama, I only owned one of these. I never was fond of that ventilated rib on the top of the slide of so many of them. The brand went through several phases of ownership before they finally went under. The piece I owned was made by the final company, Fabrinor. It shot and functioned well but again I say, I didn't fire it all that much and who knows if it would've held up over time and more use.

Bottom line, I recommend against buying any of these no-longer-made Spanish pistols. Aside from inherent quality issues, repair parts are difficult to get for them. You might wind up with an interesting paperweight.

I bought my wife a S&W sigma 380, it was one of those you had to pinch the sides of the mag to release it. My wife shot two rounds through it and sat it on the bench and said to thro it in the garbage.
I still have my Sigma 380, bought it new and it taught me to buy a Browning BDA 380, so there's that. I finally broke the Sigma down, punching out the pins, cleaning and relubing. It does shoot a bit better now, but my wife hates it too.
It's not bad enough to call it my worst, just one in the running for worst.

A guy is looking to trade me one of these along with some cash for an only motorcycle. What's the issue with the Mossberg 800 .308? Curious
got a buddy whos killed lots of deer and elk with a mossberg 800 in 308.

parts availability is what i'd be worried about.

id take the rifle and as much cash as u can get out of him. the rifles arent worth much

Thanks. I hear yah. I was just going to ask what folks would say is a reasonable value. I couldn't find any listed here or on ARMSLIST to compare against.

A guy is looking to trade me one of these along with some cash for an only motorcycle. What's the issue with the Mossberg 800 .308? Curious

It never fed very well, had to beat the bolt open with a mallet after shooting factory ammo. Tried several different remedies but it just never acted right. Bought it second hand at a gun show. Probably explains why it was for sale.

If it weren't for the fact that they were so quick to fix it, I would say my Glock 30s. But, they did, and it's now one of my favorites. I've been lucky. I haven't had any firearms that I would call bad, just ones that didn't suit me. I tend to do a lot of research before a purchase, and try to handle any firearms I may be purchasing.
Even my Century VSKA, which had terrible reviews and had quite a few issues with early, pre production models, has been an amazing firearm. I've put something like 2k rounds through it with very little wear and no change in headspace.

I've never had what I would call a "worst" gun, but I've had a few that would be awesome without a flaw or two:
  • Detonics Pocket 9: size of a M&P Shield, all stainless, double action, can carry "cocked and locked". What's not to love? It took ten hands and the strength of a 20 ton press to break down for cleaning and the same to put it back together.

• Ruger Redhawk, stainless 44 mag, 7 1/2: barrel: The consummate field pistol, easily handles snake shot to bear loads. What could possibly go wrong? The cowboy style grip, that's what. Looks wonderful, but uncomfortable as hell. A modern GP100 style grip and it would be field perfection.

• Taurus PT 99: Target sight version of the PT92, essentially a Beretta 92 with target sights. Made in a Beretta factory by the same people who made the Beretta 92's for the Brazilian military. Lots of nice features and unlike the standard Beretta could be carried "cocked and locked" and no decocking lever to potentially fail. Great ergonomics and breaks down like a dream. Issues are way uncomfortable grip unless your fingers are a foot long and ir bucks like a horse every time you pull the trigger.

• Browning A-Bolt 22: Too freaking perfect. No flaws whatsoever. I want to be buried with it. So whattsa problem? It's inappropriate to take it with me everywhere and whenever I take it out of the safe, Mrs 3M gets jealous.

Armscor .45 1911 officers size. That POS would not even feed BALL ammo:s0154: POI was about 3ft below the POA, stove pipes, FTF's FTE's.

I'd say the single worst gun I've ever owned was one of the 1911 clones made in the Philippines. Wasn't Armscor, it was S.A.M. (Shooters Arms Manufacturing) made on the island of Cebu. It was horrible, very badly made but cheap. Which I should've been wary of. They are still in biz 25 years later so maybe their stuff is better now. I also had two Auto Ordnance 1911's, one had major faults. Some of their parts are made in the P.I.

Bought it second hand at a gun show. Probably explains why it was for sale.

When people could still buy/sell face to face at gun shows, a major function of the events was to provide a dumping ground for all the broken guns.

Kahr CM9. Terrible trigger and the mag would let rounds work their way out if it was carried while not in the pistol, like as a spare mag. I put a 100rnds through it and said, nope not for me. Replaced it with a Shield and was much happier.

Last Edited:
Kahr CM9. Terrible trigger and the mag would let rounds work their way out if it was carried while not in the pistol, like as a spare mag. I put a 100rnds through it and said, nope not for me. Replace it with a Shield and was much happier.
Funny! I had one and hated the mile long trigger pull. Replaced it with a Shield 40. Recently sold the Shield, but that's a very good little gun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top