JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
12670042_933717703391552_6874315812569408323_n.jpg

My favorite way to deal with Mothers Demand Types:

(1) You're in an enclosed public space when suddenly a mass shooter shows up. The deafening roar of gunshots fills the room, yet somehow you hear the panicked screams of innocents. You drop immediately to the floor and seek cover. You're alive! You look around and see the shooter executing people one by one as he walks by...Question What do YOU want to have in your hand at this very moment?

a) A cellphone
b) A prayer
c) Handgun
d) Nothing at all.

Anyone who avoids choosing c) is a liar. Many will twist and struggle to say ANYTHING other than picking c) handgun . Here's some actual responses I've received:

"I couldn't throw a baseball to save my life, I'm just so clumsy! How could I be effective with a handgun!"

"We should live in a world where bad people like this can't get guns in the first place!"

"I'd rather tackle them and take their gun away"

No matter what they say....get them to answer using the options above. Redirect them back to the choices and hear them struggle some more. I've seen quite a few eyeballs go "boing!" when they have to really, really think about it.

The problem is, those types are more afraid of "GUNS" than they are of a shooter. And, they know how to use a prayer and a cell phone already.

I've actually heard from a close acquaintance, "If I never have to see a gun in my life I'll be happy". I don't believe there's a way to get anything through to that type.

The problem is, those types are more afraid of "GUNS" than they are of a shooter. And, they know how to use a prayer and a cell phone already.

I've actually heard from a close acquaintance, "If I never have to see a gun in my life I'll be happy". I don't believe there's a way to get anything through to that type.
I will be happy if the don't see a gun either. They sound stupid enough that they shouldn't be defended.

There is hope. I know someone who was very anti-gun for most of their adult life. Now since they had an experience that was very dangerous at work, suddenly they're asking me about firearms and CHLs. She asked to take her shooting because "I'd like to have something in my office just in case something like that happened again".

Just an opinion but I believe the gal you're speaking of was more toward the middle of the fence than you think. Whatever, it doesn't matter. You get to introduce a non gun person to fire arms! That has to be one of the most satisfying feelings ever! Maybe some day, I'll get to experience that feeling.

Having a similar experience with daughter in law!:)

PS: Not that much similarly, I guess. The DIL isn't rabidly anti gun, just ignorant about them!

Last Edited:
Having a similar experience with daughter in law!:)

We have family friend( not ours) who is from Komifornia living with my in laws.
Shes a Liberal anti, she is voting for Hilary, shes a member of greenpeace, and peta, she
worked her whole life at Exxon and collects a huge pension and lives here now in Oregon
and she is all for higher taxes in Americas corporations. And thinks no one needs machine guns or automatic weapons that are so easily bought at gun shops and Walmart ? And thinks only guns we should be allowed to have after background checks and permits should be used like Shotguns to hunt Elk and Deer. And she says people shouldn't be allowed to stock up ammo and guns when it obvious they want to cause problems.

I wish this was a fictitious person, its not its a real example of the level of stupidity these people have. I can't talk to here without wanting to ask the wife to beatch slap her. So I go there grab a beer and go sit on the porch people like that are useless waste of air.

We have family friend( not ours) who is from Komifornia living with my in laws.
Shes a Liberal anti, she is voting for Hilary, shes a member of greenpeace, and peta, she
worked her whole life at Exxon and collects a huge pension and lives here now in Oregon
and she is all for higher taxes in Americas corporations. And thinks no one needs machine guns or automatic weapons that are so easily bought at gun shops and Walmart ? And thinks only guns we should be allowed to have after background checks and permits should be used like Shotguns to hunt Elk and Deer. And she says people shouldn't be allowed to stock up ammo and guns when it obvious they want to cause problems.

I wish this was a fictitious person, its not its a real example of the level of stupidity these people have. I can't talk to here without wanting to ask the wife to beatch slap her. So I go there grab a beer and go sit on the porch people like that are useless waste of air.

People like that are not welcomed in my home OR my boat!!!
I have convinced 3 people last year that they voted for the enemy, they have had guns all their lives and did not think that their votes had anything to do with the destruction of the 2A. I almost gave up on one but I knew that inside he felt shame but would not admit it, he did some soul searching and finally came around.;)

Last Edited:
I have convinced 3 people last year that they voted for the enemy, they have had guns all their lives and did not think that their votes had anything to do with the destruction of the 2A. I almost gave up on one but I knew that inside he felt shame but would not admit it, he did some soul searching and finally came around.;)

Great that you had success, sadly this person has the mentality of Bloomberg or Feinstien,
and getting even an inch past them calling names and walking out of the room is futile.
Yes they act like a spoiled child, a 67 year old spoiled child. But I do not even talk with her if she is there,my in laws are not the brightness nail in the box and thought they could over look it to let her move in a rent the adjoining cottage. Big Mistake !! Its killed what friendship they had let alone now they are on your property .

Great that you had success, sadly this person has the mentality of Bloomberg or Feinstien,
and getting even an inch past them calling names and walking out of the room is futile.
Yes they act like a spoiled child, a 67 year old spoiled child. But I do not even talk with her if she is there,my in laws are not the brightness nail in the box and thought they could over look it to let her move in a rent the adjoining cottage. Big Mistake !! Its killed what friendship they had let alone now they are on your property .

Sounds a bit like my aunt. Born in PDX, moved to Sacramento right out of college and began working for the state of CA, where her mildly liberal views from up here turned in to full fledged hard-line social progressivism. She enjoyed pushing her views of politics and other things on people when we'd see here (which wasn't often).

My favorite 'hypocritical' moments were her comments to the family about what they were eating. If it was anything other than vegetarian, she had an issue with it, and that went for coffee too. So, how was that hypocritical?? Well, in her self-righteous condemnation of everyone's eating habits, she would do so with a cigarette in one hand and a glass of booze in the other - all day long, morning to night. She was a heavy smoker and drinker her whole adult life and died at 53 from congestive heart failure. Her sister, my mother, is a non-smoker, non-vegetarian who drinks wine from time to time and gets out and moves regularly - and she is in her 70's.

Anyway, back on to the OP - I believe there are 2 types of anti-gun folks - those who will never, ever see our side of things, and those that will, they just don't know it yet. It can be hard sometimes to figure out which one they are, but I am certainly willing to be available to help bring them to our side, should they be available and willing to do so. And I'm happy to see others that are willing to do the same.

Agree that people this eat up with the dumbazz are not worth the breath to tell them to pull their head out of Fienstien's or Killary's azz.

I always like to take my kids friends out shooting (with their parents permission of course :) ). I've always been suprised at how young teens views of firearms change dramatically after nailing a few targets with a 22 or hitting a few clays with a shotty. Done right, it's good clean fun and the kids always have good memories with big smiles of the trip and have hopefully learned a positive thing or two about firearms. I hope by the time their voters, they will remember their experiences and not believe the liberal lies and fears that are ever present, at least in this neck of the woods. ;)

There is hope. I know someone who was very anti-gun for most of their adult life. Now since they had an experience that was very dangerous at work, suddenly they're asking me about firearms and CHLs. She asked to take her shooting because "I'd like to have something in my office just in case something like that happened again".

Reminds me of a quote or saying - "A liberal is just a conservative that hasn't been mugged yet" or something along those lines.

But in reality you just replace liberal with Anti-gun/pacifist/eternal optimist (or hoplophobe) & conservative with pro-gun/pro self defense/realist.

No - welcome them to your boat, take them on a trip to that deep, deep lake where you had that accident and lost all your guns. There is no way they would pass us a trip to a gun graveyard. When they bend over to take a good look... :eek::eek::eek::D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top