JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
a few knives I whipped up for gifts for my groomsmen....

I used blanks, reshaped the blade, and the angles, cut out the Filework, then made the handles and ta-da...

They are all damascus steel, and different types of wood were used for the scales. I named them after mountians in Wa.

DSCF1003.jpg
DSCF1010.jpg
DSCF1011.jpg
DSCF1017.jpg
DSCF1029.JPG
DSCF1032.jpg
DSCF1034.jpg
DSCF1040.jpg
DSCF1049.jpg
DSCF1050.jpg

How did you get into this? I have always wanted to try it. Where would you recommend a newb start?

I was looking at wedding party gifts in a catolog and thought it was all tacky.... so I thought I would make them knives... I would recomend doing some google searches on making knives, theres a TON of info out there for those that look for it. I would start with blanks, and try makeing handles and attaching them... Its pretty easy, The next knives I make will be from Billet. PM me if you have any questions...

Excellent work! Do you ever sell them?

Thanks, Its in the works right now.... Im buying up Billet, Then haveing it laser/ waterjet cut to my shapes. My supplyer just screwed me on 3 blades, He sent me one of 3 and the one he sent was the wrong style... so from now on, I will be designing and cutting my own stuff from billet... Originally I wanted to work from billet, but had no way of cutting it cold (so you dont burn up the carbon in the steel (the Heat Effected Zone around a cut with a torch or plazma that looks gray)

I will also be making the same knives/shapes out of 440c SS and in Polished and black oxide finnish (for that tacticool look.) I have over 100 drawings and blade designs in my drawing book... and a million more in my head... I am in the metal trades, a Journeyman PipeWelder/PipeFitter to be exact, and wanted to do something like this for about 8 years...

Im working on buying billet, making a webpage, getting some stock built up... I will be sure to keep you posted...

Hey don't know how set you are on grips but got turned on to a company down here that makes really cool material. If interested PM me and I'll try to find her card- plus the girl was hot!! At least at the time I meet her ~1yr ago!!!

Hey don't know how set you are on grips but got turned on to a company down here that makes really cool material. If interested PM me and I'll try to find her card- plus the girl was hot!! At least at the time I meet her ~1yr ago!!!

I pm'd you

Ever try forging your own damascus?

I have not, I really dont have the stuff to do that... It would take a LOT of work and time to even get set up for that...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top