JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just finished my first batch of 45acp on my lee pro 1000. This was my first shot at going full progressive on this press. missed 2 primers when the primer tray got too low totaly my fault. I know alot of guys on here swear by the hornady and dillons but i have to say for a reloader on a budget this press rocks! It does take a little tinkering to get her rolling but once you do its worth every bit of the$169 it costs! Just keep an eye on those primers!

007.jpg

005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you 100%. I bought one about 10 years ago, and have reloaded over 2000 rounds of 45acp with it. Like you said, it takes some adjusting and going slow the first few rounds, but once you get everything set, and in a rhythm, the rounds just fly out of the tool

I agree with you 100%. I bought one about 10 years ago, and have reloaded over 2000 rounds of 45acp with it. Like you said, it takes some adjusting and going slow the first few rounds, but once you get everything set, and in a rhythm, the rounds just fly out of the tool

2,000 rounds in 10 years?:huh: Try loading that before Noon on any given "reloading" day.:cool:

Lee presses are OK if you don't mind all the tinkering. Hard to get in a rhythm though when always having to adjust something or clean up the mess when the primer feed mechanism stops feeding.

The Lee press could be a great press if they'd just fix that one weakness.

2,000 rounds in 10 years?:huh: Try loading that before Noon on any given "reloading" day.:cool:

Lee presses are OK if you don't mind all the tinkering. Hard to get in a rhythm though when always having to adjust something or clean up the mess when the primer feed mechanism stops feeding.

The Lee press could be a great press if they'd just fix that one weakness.

I guess I could clarify and say that those 2000 rounds were in 3 or 4 sessions. I moved to Oregon 6 years ago and have not opened my reloading boxes yet. Kind of sad I don't get out to shoot much anymore.
I never had any issues with the primer feed, it was the carbon dust and powder flakes that get into the indexing mechanism that would give me issues. I started keeping my air compressor handy with a nozzle on it to occasionally blow off the press down around the indexing plate.
I found the powder measure very accurate with Unique, but that result may vary with different powders. I think the bulky ball or flake powders will do well with the sliding mechanism, where the really fine stuff may have problems with the sliding seal that the measure has.

the powder measure works great! did have to use a bigger disk than the call for in the charts but just depends on the powder(was .2gr less with win231). ran 20rds through only doing powder when i set it up just to measure the powder and check for consistency. was within +/- .1gr everytime. now i visually check each rd and weigh prob every 15th rd to check powder still holds everytime! havent tried my h335 ball powder yet waiting for ups to deliver my new shell plate carrier today.:)If you are near albany and ever want to see it run just send me a pm. more than willing to show you how well it works and the quirks to watch for. I just have never understood why blue paint costs soooo much! LOL!

Im not gonna argue about the dillons being nice, im sure they are for the price. but when i can buy a lee for $300 less, thats over 2000rds of 45 i can load. if i was shooting 1000rds per weekend maybe i could justify a dillon but for me if i sit down kick out 250rds in an hour(very realistic # taking my time) thats more than enough for me to go shooting for the day. I reload to save money period. and im betting that the ammo i load on a lee shoots just as straight as that coming off a dillon or hornady!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top