JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
be needed.

Disturbing poll thqat indicates a heightened distrust for governement. Understable in light of ongong events. Accorning to the Fairleigh Dickenson University 29 % of registered voters think an armed revolution may be needed to protect liberties. Please see the article for your review:

<broken link removed> ...

It is very unfortunate that almost 1 out of 3 voters feel this way--but this great country has been pressed in so many directions in recent years. Let's hope that those within DC can do a good job and turn the county around peacefully. There are lots of good people there and hopefull they can implement effective changers.

Sorry to see this type of survey findings.

The percentages who think armed revolution might be necessary are much higher for HS grads than for those with some college or with college degrees. And you have to watch how the question is posed. Only registered voters were asked, and they were asked whether armed revolution "might" be necessary. "Might be necessary" is tough to say no to.

The health and longevity of the Constitution depends on a willing minority of citizens willing not only to die for their country but also to take the reigns of power away from those determined to destroy the Constitution. A few people saying it might have to happen gives me a flash of hope that the notions of the founders were not in vain, that the people of my country are not subjugated sheep happily handing over their rights.

The absence of any such talk would be very disturbing to me. Was our nation worth dying for in the 1770's? Is it not now?

Wish I could remember the exact quote and source but the talking head stated that polling has suggested that despite all the shootings and Boston that the public is at its limit in terms of what it is willing to take in terms of privacy invasion via the government. It was interesting to listen to the host ask about absolute safety and the guest say not only isn't it possible but the vast majority of the American public doesn't agree that more privacy invasion or gun laws will be helpful. Maybe there is hope that the 29% figure might be overstated.

be needed.

Disturbing poll thqat indicates a heightened distrust for governement. Understable in light of ongong events. Accorning to the Fairleigh Dickenson University 29 % of registered voters think an armed revolution may be needed to protect liberties. Please see the article for your review:

It is very unfortunate that almost 1 out of 3 voters feel this way--but this great country has been pressed in so many directions in recent years. Let's hope that those within DC can do a good job and turn the county around peacefully. There are lots of good people there and hopefull they can implement effective changers.

While the poll seems flawed due to the low number polled. I think some of the issues raised are reflected in the sentiment of the OP. So long as we look to DC for answers we will either be appeased and subservient or disenfranchised and revolutionary. Government is becoming increasingly centralized and federally oriented. We look to the Feds at the first sign of trouble. We refer to the government as those people elsewhere when it is supposed to be us people here. Get involved get others involved. Our elected federal senators and congressmen should be speaking on behalf of the constituents of their respective states not the unified party line handed down by a party chair in DC. ::sigh:: well I got that off my chest... all will be the same in the morning.

be needed.

Why disgusted? That's how the country was founded,no?
Good chance we won't ever get the 'old' USA back any other way.

I think it is quite sad that only 29% feel that way.

Thank you

The percentages who think armed revolution might be necessary are much higher for HS grads than for those with some college or with college degrees. And you have to watch how the question is posed. Only registered voters were asked, and they were asked whether armed revolution "might" be necessary. "Might be necessary" is tough to say no to.

yeah people who can see the writing on the walls are not voters, they know what needs to be done.

I think it was only something like 10% who actually fought in the revolutionary war. 30% of 300,000,000 people is still a whole lot of people. I doubt all of them that say they think it is necessary would fight, but they might lend aid.

But I pray it does not come to that in our lifetimes, or that of our children. If China doesn't own our whole country by then that is.

Many people (and polls) miss an important and necessary step that should come long before armed resistance. Which is peaceful resistance. That option didn't really exist in the same manner 200+ years ago due to the lack of effective media and communication systems. But today there's no excuse. If X% is willing to fight for their rights, 10 times that should be willing to fork out the money to fly to DC and peacefully protest. A million armed citizens marching peacefully will get attention, the same as it did in the 60's.

The cost to travel and effectively protest is a drop in the bucket compared to the last step of armed insurrection that wrecks our infrastructure back to the level of a 3rd world nation (at best) and opens the doors for millions to starve and die of otherwise easily treated diseases.

Last Edited:
While I don't advocate violence, peaceful protest is a complete waste of time.

The corporate government (just a tool for TPTB) simply does not care what the common stock holder wants. Your input, opinion, or vote are nothing more than illusions.

There are many systems of control such as voting to give the minions the impression that they have a say, that they have some limited power. They simply do not.

If the Global Bankers or Euro families that own this nation want to go to war for instance in Iran, to install their RC central bank, it will make zero difference if a million people here march against it.

"We the People" as a power base died decades ago. You are living inside a Clandestine Empire that completely controls its lemming populace via propaganda.

It is sad to watch, but nonetheless it will not change. More power for the Central Banking Families and the complete eventual removal of any rights, real or imagined, of the individual.

Slaves that falsely believe they are free are the best slaves to own. You have owners and are far from being free.

And these are registered voters. A lot of revolutionaries are not even voting these days... personally I've been ready since the 1980s

Peaceful protest can help at the state level but at the national level it's pointless, the powers that be are set on enslavement and dispossession of the posterity of the Founders

Many people (and polls) miss an important and necessary step that should come long before armed resistance. Which is peaceful resistance. That option didn't really exist in the same manner 200+ years ago due to the lack of effective media and communication systems. But today there's no excuse. If X% is willing to fight for their rights, 10 times that should be willing to fork out the money to fly to DC and peacefully protest. A million armed citizens marching peacefully will get attention, the same as it did in the 60's.

The cost to travel and effectively protest is a drop in the bucket compared to the last step of armed insurrection that wrecks our infrastructure back to the level of a 3rd world nation (at best) and opens the doors for millions to starve and die of otherwise easily treated diseases.

Must demur.. the colonists appealed repeatedly to king George, who completely ignored them

Must demur.. the colonists appealed repeatedly to king George, who completely ignored them

The infrastructure didn't exist then for a million of them (or a similar ratio for a smaller population) to show up on King George's front step the way we can now show up on the White House steps. Nor was there the technology to broadcast any abuses handed out to those peacefully protesting and shame the government for reacting heavy handed.

Gandhi and King effectively demonstrated there is a possibly effective step now that should come before outright war. Bearing arms to oppose tyranny does not HAVE to be outright war and overthrow. It can be protecting yourself and others from violent reprisals against your initially peaceful protests.

I'm not arguing that war is never the answer, just that there's a real big earlier step that these polls tend to leave out. They give the impression that it's either vote to fix things or go to war. If the vote fails, we have steps available before bombing ourselves halfway back to the stone age.

Personally, I really like my hot showers, grocery stores, effective transportation network, and emergency services. A flight to DC is a small price to pay to keep those. If that fails, it was still a small price to pay to try.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top