JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I recall something like that killed Brandon Lee on a movie set. We were warned in the Air Force using blanks in training they could be deadly. I had some cook off firing full auto.

One of the troubles with blanks.. Is that some folks get into the mindset of : "Aw there just blanks..."
Saw this a a lot in the Army , usually from guys who haven't been to combat yet.
Andy

I remember in basic training when we were getting introduced to M16 blanks and blank-adapters. The instructor placed a paper cup over the a mounted blank adapter and fired one off.... POOF!

Then he said, "think... that's what'll happen to your hand or face if you screw around with these things." I've heard of it happening, but (fortunately) I never saw a training causality occur from a blank being fired (with or w/o an adaptor) or training grenade.

One of the troubles with blanks.. Is that some folks get into the mindset of : "Aw there just blanks..."
Saw this a a lot in the Army , usually from guys who haven't been to combat yet.
Andy
Andy; I've added my 'like' to your post only because they don't have a place for 100-1,000 likes. I started life in the Army in Basic at Ft. Lewis WA with an M-14 which had been "adapted" to Full Automatic Rifle status. Even though we were using blanks I always did a demo showing what those "Blanks" would/could do. I finished up Basic with an M-16 which offered Full Auto all the time but I did the demo just the same. It Just wasn't as impressive with the Squirt Gun as it was with the M-14!!! Glad you made it back.:):):)

I always liked simunution training better I think I spelt it wrong but that stuff hurt in both pistol and rifle made you not want to get hit with blanks it is to easy to get complacent

Andy

Well when I was in the service we used a blank adapter for our m-16s. The only problems we had when using the blanks was that dogon muzzle device caught on everything!!!! The screw in piece was like the screw on a C-clamp.... Yeah, we on occasion had problems during firing training....
:eek::eek::eek: uSarUV3.jpg
The new once have a ring on the screw.... ar218.jpg

We had that lousy catch on everything "C" clamp style adapter as well...made sense , to someone else. :D
Andy
I cut off many of the "handles" and filed screwdriver slots in the critters. That was during Basic since we got stuck with the M-16 for the last two weeks. Thankfully I didn't see another M-16 until my arrival in the RVN. There I ended up Inspecting some 40K:mad::mad::mad: but never saw another Blank Firing Device. Silly me, I joined an Active Reserve unit shortly after returning to The World and I was back to filing slots again!

PS: Oh ya. That WAS one of the Dumbest Things I ever did but I did it for a friend so I guess it's OKAY.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top