JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can't wait to get out and bang a gong with it. I have never assembled a firearm before, but this was not that difficult. I still have one spring and detente to install and I have to borrow a torque wrench before I'm finally done, but I got most of the way there in about two hours tonight.

It's a PSA black friday special rifle kit and stripped lower. The stripped lower came through an FFL I pulled at random from a list in my neighborhood, Steve Riehl of Adaptive Firing Solutions. He offered to help me finish it off if I ran into any trouble, and I'm going to take him up on it. I recommend his services to anyone in the Oregon City area.

www.adaptivefiringsolutions.com

Let me guess the front take down pin is the one you are having trouble with. ;)
He's talking about borrowing a torque wrench so I'll guess it's the barrel nut he's not sure of.
Kid next door was talking about building his first AR a couple months ago. Then last week I saw him at the range with 3,haha

Kid next door was talking about building his first AR a couple months ago. Then last week I saw him at the range with 3,haha
That's awesome! It's a disease, for sure. Even shooting most every day, it's hard to cure. People who hate guns just haven't used them enough!

Let me guess the front take down pin is the one you are having trouble with. ;)

My kit didn't come with the tool. As it was, I shot two springs out of the lower. Both of which I recovered. I didn't feel like angering the gods with my insolence a third time in one day.

If there aren't pictures, it doesn't exist!

Here you go!

1230150057[1].jpg

1230150057[1].jpg

Warning! Warning! Warning!: building ARs can become an addiction and may cause hours of fun in both building and shooting.

Before May of this year I did not own any ARs as I sold what I had a few years back with all my parts. Then in May I bought a couple of lowers because of the serial number and now because of cheap parts an AR prices:

I will admit two of these are factory Colt rifles the rest I built.
20150922_093743.jpg

Latest build 16 in Mid heavy
mid with rifle.jpg

My 2016 projects, still gathering parts. The top Upper is complete but I am not sure if I like though.
to build.JPG

20150922_093743.jpg

mid with rifle.jpg

to build.JPG

Ah yes, the "O crap" springs.

Spring goes flying, never to be seen again....you yell "O crap"

I remember a lower I was building, maybe my second, or third, can''t remember, I lost the O crap spring, and decided a trip to Curt's was in order, for a supply of said springs, and a few extra detents, just in case, and Curt said, "I can install that for you", so he proceeded to send a few across the shop. Hilarious.

I remember a lower I was building, maybe my second, or third, can''t remember, I lost the O crap spring, and decided a trip to Curt's was in order, for a supply of said springs, and a few extra detents, just in case, and Curt said, "I can install that for you", so he proceeded to send a few across the shop. Hilarious.

"O crap" is all you yell...?:oops:

I bough the 5 for two dollar Clevis pins at Home Despot and a little sanding.... Worked like a charm first time on my first build!
The interweaving is a fountain of knowledge and foolishness...the trick is telling the BS from the Bravo Zulu.

Brutus out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top