JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yeah, thats pretty disgusting. Heres a guy who had blown off a magazine with of ammo not hitting anything all day or worse yet did hit something and let it run off and bleed to death like a bow hunter then he takes out his .22 pistol and illegally shoots a deer at 100 yards because he knows how good of a shot he is.

XoXSciFiGuy .....

"Yes, it was a slight violation of the rules. But I got the food home, and sometimes that's what counts. ".

No, its called a felony. And no, that's not what counts.

100% agree.

Yeah well Ive been burned enough by KelTec over the years to not buy anything they sell. Also I'd love for someone to put up their best 25 yard target.

I'm sure its a fine tackle box gun.

My favorite response on this painful to watch video is "Keltec has been trying to go out of business for years".

You've never seen or shot one so you get find 1 bad review & base your opinion on that. Armchair expert!

You've never seen or shot one so you get find 1 bad review & base your opinion on that. Armchair expert!
Ive seen a lot of bad reviews on them and Ive owned and shot several keltecs and grendels for that matter. Post your 25 yard target.

I sold Grendels 30 years ago when I had a shop. Kel-Tec can't be too bad if Ruger stole their design for the LCP now can it.

@flylo we get that you LOVE Kel-Tec. You've posted plenty of your opinions and video links. But you calling everyone an "armchair expert" is just making you look desperate. Sorry man, I hope you enjoy your new pistol but you aren't going to "sell" your opinion of Kel-Tec to many folks.

That's fine, I was just posting because it was new & had a lot of features for the $$. It's OK I like outdated antiques also I have a dozen old Stivens boys rifles with 1/2 rd & 1/2 oct barrels. Keep a closed mind & mine has to be better because it's mine attitude, that's OK with me.:rolleyes:

That's fine, I was just posting because it was new & had a lot of features for the $$. It's OK I like outdated antiques also I have a dozen old Stivens boys rifles with 1/2 rd & 1/2 oct barrels. Keep a closed mind & mine has to be better because it's mine attitude, that's OK with me.:rolleyes:

Nope, that's not it at all. What you've done though is made what on the surface seems to be a claim that is in the realm of total fantasy to those of us who have owned and fired KelTec equipment. You have claimed that a 14 oz pure plastic keltec is as accurate as a Smith 41. Now I know how accurate a Smith 41 is because I have one. It is not the most accurate handgun I have ever owned at under 25 yards . It is the 2nd most accurate handgun I have ever owned next to an old accurized HD Military that had a LOT of custom work done back in the 50's. . So. right there is a claim that needs to get backed up by evidence to be taken seriously. And that 14 Oz pistol is coming from a company that has a long track record of producing the lowest grade of schlock imaginable. High points are ugly but they go bang. Keltecs frequently do not go bang so that puts them under the level of high points.

Put a video up of 100 rounds without a stoppage or FTF and post a target from 25 yards with the same 100 rounds under a quarter sized group and i'll go out and buy one.

Nope, that's not it at all. What you've done though is made what on the surface seems to be a claim that is in the realm of total fantasy to those of us who have owned and fired KelTec equipment. You have claimed that a 14 oz pure plastic keltec is as accurate as a Smith 41. Now I know how accurate a Smith 41 is because I have one. It is not the most accurate handgun I have ever owned at under 25 yards . It is the 2nd most accurate handgun I have ever owned next to an old accurized HD Military that had a LOT of custom work done back in the 50's. . So. right there is a claim that needs to get backed up by evidence to be taken seriously. And that 14 Oz pistol is coming from a company that has a long track record of producing the lowest grade of schlock imaginable. High points are ugly but they go bang. Keltecs frequently do not go bang so that puts them under the level of high points.

Put a video up of 100 rounds without a stoppage or FTF and post a target from 25 yards with under the same 100 rounds under a quarter sized group and i'll go out and buy one.

Mic drop.

Here's my post, please notice I said very accurate & never saiid it was more accurate than YOUR 41, it is more accurate than mine as is my 422. Please read slower or use your finger if that helps. It's 11 oz BTW.

Messages94Reactions76
Wednesday at 7:14 AM
"I like Ruger Chargers but just bought a KelTec P17 which is the best buy & quality for the price I;ve ever seen. It beats the new Glock 22 10x over. 2# trigger best stock trigger I've ever bought. 17 rd capacity, europeon style mag release, comes with 3 16 rd mags, also comes with a wrench where you can turn the barrel nut around & run a 1/2"x28 tpi can. Eats any ammo I've tried, sunsonic to supersonic. Nice HiViz front sight & adjustable rear, very very accurate. 11oz emty. Best part is LIST PRICE is $199, got mine for $177 OTD, ordered 5 more. TFB had a issue with a preproduction test but all that's fixes. Several youTubes but here's a short one"

Go to a driving range and steal some golf balls. A golf course is nothing but a waste of a shooting range anyway. Set them up at 25 yards. You should be able to hit every one of them off hand with any quality 22 pistol. My dad used to make us line up spent shotgun shells and do the same thing all day long. You can't hit golf balls all day long at 25 yards your gun ...or you...can't shoot.

You need to get that 41 looked at.

I shoot golf balls at 300 yards & 1.5" steel chickens with a 22 rifle at my range here on the farm with std vel 12' drop. Maybe you need remeadial reading as I'm typing as slow as I can.:D

Can we not have a "discussion" on reading or "I can shoot better than you" .

4 pages of why or why not , this pistol is the best thing sliced bread....:rolleyes:
Sliced bread , by the way is overrated...surely you know how to use a knife by now....:D

This thread can be summed up as :
The KelTec P17 Pistol....the OP likes his a lot....
Other folks don't like it so much....
Done
Andy

Can we not have a "discussion" on reading or "I can shoot better than you" .

4 pages of why or why not , this pistol is the best thing sliced bread....:rolleyes:
Sliced bread , by the way is overrated...surely you know how to use a knife by now....:D

This thread can be summed up as :
The KelTec P17....the OP likes it a lot....
Other folks don't like it so much....
Done
Andy

The mics be dropping in droves today.

I'm done! Wired is the best of us all, has the best guns, is the greatest shooter on earth & knows more about shooting & guns than all of us put together. Happy now? I hope so. Now go take a nap on moms couch in her basement where you live.:eek:

Yeah, thats where I live. Someone asked me recently why I have so much cool stuff. I havent been divorced in 25 years and I have a job thats why .

We're glad you're happy with your new KelTec. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it. And I don't think anyone here is claiming to be a know it all expert. But when you imply your KelTec is in the same league as a Smith 41 enough of us here know better.

I never inplied it was in the 41 league. It's an under $200 gun that does more than any other 22 handgun I've owned, That's all but it will outshoot my 41. My point is you can't make an informed decision on anything without ever seeing it unless you're a know it all idiot. I'm done, Nuff Said!:cool:

I never inplied it was in the 41 league. It's an under $200 gun that does more than any other 22 handgun I've owned, That's all but it will outshoot my 41. My point is you can't make an informed decision on anything without ever seeing it unless you're a know it all idiot. I'm done, Nuff Said!:cool:

Yeah, I've read enough name calling and insults in this thread.

Closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top