JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
No mechanical scale? I didn't even notice. Shame on RCBS.
It looks like RCBS has jumped on the "Gouging Train"

Double-shame RCBS. :(

I looked at the picture and saw the tray but not the scale, so I looked up the kit on the RCBS site and it's a hand held digital scale. Would seem to me to be very hard to get the exact weight. A quick check on the NWFA calssifieds has some RCBS balance beams for $40 and a pair of lees from $20 to $30, the "expensive" one being new in box.

I looked at the picture and saw the tray but not the scale, so I looked up the kit on the RCBS site and it's a hand held digital scale. Would seem to me to be very hard to get the exact weight. A quick check on the NWFA calssifieds has some RCBS balance beams for $40 and a pair of lees from $20 to $30, the "expensive" one being new in box.

Also noted no powder trickler. I never used mine until I started loading rifle rounds. Glad I didn't get rid of it. (like the case prep center I got for a gift when I had nothing but hand guns to load for :s0054: ) Measuring stick powder in the RCBS dispenser is an exercise in frustration.

And yes, I have seen the rest of the needed items here on the board. Scale, Tumbler, trickler etc. Seemingly NOT at gouge prices.

Also noted no powder trickler. I never used mine until I started loading rifle rounds. Glad I didn't get rid of it. (like the case prep center I got for a gift when I had nothing but hand guns to load for :s0054: ) Measuring stick powder in the RCBS dispenser is an exercise in frustration.

And yes, I have seen the rest of the needed items here on the board. Scale, Tumbler, trickler etc. Seemingly NOT at gouge prices.

There is a trickler in the Amazon picture. A case trimmer would also be a good next accessory.

There is a trickler in the Amazon picture. A case trimmer would also be a good next accessory.

I was looking at he supreme master reloading kit, like I bought in 2011 that had the trickler then. That balance scale is a must as far as I'm concerned though.

Trimmers, yes, those come up for decent price here too from time to time. I'm using and ancient "Green" one that I had to buy another collet and a couple of pilots after I got it off the classifieds.

I took off my RCBS lock rings and bought a 6 pack of the Hornady rings. They are better in that they lock in a different way using a steel hex head bolt.

Do you shoot any bottleneck cartridges? I think they're easier.

if you do straight walled cases, one step is to flare the neck EVER SO SLIGHTLY so that the seated bullet goes in without getting shaved or collapsing the neck. Anyway you want to flare the neck just as little as you can or you work the brass more and it gets brittle so you can split cases.

Watch videos. Have fun.

oh and be careful not to miss a charge. If you do that and load a squib, you'll notice but it is a pain in the butt. If you have a progressive press, get a powder cop die. It can warn you if a case misses a charge.
I do. A variety of different rifle cartridges. Mostly 7.62x39.
Thanks!

Maybe I missed it, but did you get any dies?

Saw a couple here in the classifieds for a good price for steel 357 dies.

And just remember after you bought all the stuff you need to reload.
For the same price you could have bought a car to drive to the gun shop to buy ammo.
LOL IF THE GUN SHOP HAS AMMO.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads