JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
just wanted to know what loads work best and ammo for my testing and also for self defense... i hear it likes 124 grain but not to give em a steady diet of plus p...? just getting into the manual tonight. maybe it will answer my questions. but i have not had any issues with the p3at and it takes any ammo and hollow points. and i have used plus p. just packs a punch when you shoot. more like a meat grinder on your hand.lol

I used to have a PF-9. It liked everything I fed it. In fact, it liked everything so much, it refused to extract anything. I wish you the best of luck with that.

One tip I can offer: a Hogue grip sleeve changed that little monster from punishing to shoot, to actually enjoyable.

I also am a former PF9 owner. Now have a Ruger LC9. If I could do over, I may go back to the PF9. I think the trigger is a little better and the gun is lighter. I didn't think the PF9 was "punishing to shoot. I had the magazine "pinky extension". This made it very controllable and easier to handle.

Mine fed every round of whatever I ran thru it. You will need to experiment with yours to find what it likes best.

I had a PF9 yeas ago. I found that the longer the overall length of the round was, the better it fed. That might be because the longer round did not have to shift its angle as much going up the feed ramp. That may be why the 124s could feed better than the 115s. The 147s were too much for me with that gun. Short, wide mouth bullets like the Gold Dot gave the gun the most problems. I finally gave it up because it didn't fit my hand, even with the aftermarket rubber grip.

I had one, but my finger kept getting the mag release button, so I sold on.

147gr worked best in my pistol

- I never had an issue with the UMC from BiMart - 115gr.
- It also ran the SD ammo I fed it, but still run a box thru to ensure your pistol likes what you intend to use

The 25c Trigger Job (search youtube) made a big difference and took me no more than 30 mins.

I also swapped out the trigger for an aluminum one, for me the bottom of the trigger got to be
painful once I got to about 50 shots fired. The aluminum trigger has a better curve. Found mine thru the KTOG forums - Northwoods Mfg (?)

If it wasn't' for my anatomy, I'd still EDC that little pistol.

Be careful about putting too many rounds through it, if it is your EDC. I had a hard chrome model, and with the Hogue grip and aftermarket aluminum trigger it shot great. But, at 1,500 rounds it broke while I was shooting at the range. Kel-Tec did replace it, but if it happened when I really needed it to shoot, I would have been in deep trouble.

Yes, I know any gun can break, but IMO the PF-9 is a shoot a little and carry a lot type of gun.

I carry my PF9 with Hornady critical defense, feeds and shoots well from that pistol. The gun is hard on my hands when shooting it, I don't shoot it much at the range. Something about the grip hits my hand wrong when shooting it and it is painful, but I am sure that it would get the job done if needed and my hurting hand would be the least of my worries.

i am suing the hydro shock 124 grain bullets. i ran those and the 147 grain winchester ranger rounds and it worked great. i ran 115 grain independence and made sure that in every stage of the magazine that it fed one of those rounds in and through it if I am going to use it for self defense. it is common practice for me to take the time and practice with a full mag and with one round less and make sure it properly feeds and extracts the round I am going to shoot. so I feel good with this as a back up or if its all i have to use then so be it.

on a side note. i took off the extra aluminum trigger attachment. it killed my trigger finger with the recoil hitting it and bruising my knuckle. it was purple. but i managed a bunch of rounds.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top