Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Just bought a Remington 870 Police, did I make the right choice?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Joe Link, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I was planning on buying a Remington 870 Express Magnum from Gun Broker (a gun shop local to me) brand new for $329. I remember reading years ago that the Police Magnum models were quite a bit better in a few different ways, but I can't remember what they are. On a spur of the moment a couple days ago I bid on an 870 Police Magnum on gunbroker.com and today I won the auction for $275. After shipping and FFL fees I estimate it'll be around $320 total. Of course, now I'm wondering, did I make the right choice buying a used Police model vs a new express model?

Almost forgot, here's a link to the auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=106631758

2. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

Looks like a deal to me!
    And in great shape too..

3. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Damn, somebody put up a fight.
    13 bids.

4. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

That's a good, reliable model. When I've saved up enough pennies I'll be getting a Mossberg 590 (very similar to what you just bought).

5. jrfoxx

jrfoxx Member

Jumpwing, I have the 590 myself that I got a couple years ago. Nice gun. I like the Speed-Feed stock, 9rd extended tube, and REALLY like the big ghost ring sights for it. Really easy to shoot slugs and 00 buck well with them.
    Mossberg590full.jpg

for the OP: I have never heard any complaints from an 870 owner, regardless of the model, so I'd think you'll be plenty happy, and have a good, reliable gun. The price sure seems pretty good to me too.

6. mr1911

mr1911 Oregon New Member

I think you got a good gun, the 870 express home/self defense gun is very similar, mine has an extended magazine tube so it is 6+1.

7. glr226

glr226 Washington State New Member

You did very well. If they had another I would buy it as well. :D

8. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

Sweeeeeeet. :D

9. Oohrah

Oohrah NorthwestSouthern Oregon Coast Member

Yep, it is the most reliable and dependable of the pumps.
    It will outlast any of the pumps and does not have any
    break down issues.