JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only new 16 Bore's I've seen advertised lately are by AyA and Rizzini. High end Spanish and Italian respectively. Can't remember the prices, but north of 2500 Pounds Sterling. That's about 3000 of your yankee Dollars. The car and jeep I currently drive didn't cost that much, combined!
"Advertised"?. ever hear of a thing called the "internet"? lol

fiddy dolla is beyond ordinary mortals? pshaw!
Hey now, that's a lot of money! I had to save up my pennies for months for this new prize possession!

Actually with show entrance, background check and a box of shells, the total came to $76. My wife wasn't happy with me buying a gun but she didn't complain too loudly. Due to some circumstances we'd agreed on no more guns for the foreseeable future.

I guess I'm going backwards, because my favorite hunting rifle (though I don't hunt) is an old Remington 721 30-06 from the early 50's. It's got a lot of honest wear on both wood and metal, not abused but very much used, and that doesn't bother me at all.

My favorite pump shotgun is an Ithaca 37 from the same era. A friend had an old High Standard pump. They are neat old guns too. For some reason I really like those old timers.
I had a Rem 721 in .270 Win as my deer rifle when I was 18. That sucker would knock the h3ll out of you when you shot it, but it was a favorite of mine. As to the Ithaca Model 37, I still have the one in 20 ga that I got when I was 16. Before that I used a Mossberg bolt-action .410.
GunInv2016-Ithaca1.jpg

Maybe I'll finally get a chance to use this, a fancy-schmancy reloading set that an old-timer gave me a long time ago.

View attachment 398592 View attachment 398593

You got to love the price of the reloading kit, $4.95. It looks like a shotgun version of a Lee Classic Loader. I have a 1955 J C Higgins model 1011 single shot break open that was my dads. I used it more than he did when I was growing up. I used it for birds and also for deer and a couple of times bear hunting with slugs. Still have a few 60's-70's vintage 16 gauge slugs and shot shells. I need to get it fixed as the firing pin has problems, sometimes it works and other times does not. I have been putting it off for a number of years now, but would like to get it fixed. Anyone know of Vancouver gunsmiths that would work on it? it can't be that hard to fix. I have 2 other 12 gauge shotguns that I use, an H&R Topper and a double barre exposed hammer coach gun.

Last Edited:
CLT65s new shotgun sounds like a fun project gun. Shells for it may not have as much selection as 20 or 12 but at the least it will put more shot into the air than the 20ga!

The shotgun from the past that I would like to have was my grandfathers Stevens O&U .410. It had these fugly plastic stocks and it's like me, never gonna be pretty!
Cool thing for me was to stand with my back to one of the numerous brush piles on my grandpa's farm! They were infested with grey diggers! When I heard that low down, dirty varmint askitterin' around I'd spin and shoot from the hip, ala Doc Holliday!
Rarely took both rounds to get 'er done, but sometimes I'd fire both tubes at once! You know, bigger boom, deeper tomb! A freakg
cousin snatched it before it got to properly dibbing up!

I've got the same bolt action 16 ga. but mine is fixed full choke. Fun old shotgun to take out every now & then. I agree with what others have said. The old HS shotguns sold by Sears were well made. I may have a few others..... Hope you enjoy yours.

Don

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top