JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did find a couple I wanted to send
weekday4.jpg

cyclists-day-6.jpg

You don't look too mad to me.

tac

How's your weather over there now?

This morning we're at 36 with a light rain. Threatening some snowflakes hitting in the valley but not sticking. Timberline/Gov Camp getting some bodacious snow man!

Right now, it's 15:40 hrs and 40F, and getting dark.

Up there in Plorn they are getting some cooler weather and the mornings here are hitting lows of 25F or so.

Our car has heated glass all round, so I don't have to get out early and sharpen it.

upload_2016-12-5_15-47-29.png

@maddog - where is the top pic?

tac

Tillikum bridge;
What an outrageously sad and decadent waste of stolen, hard earned, taxpayer dollars. :eek::(
That's my free speech exhortation for the day.:cool:
Now back to regularly scheduled programming.

Near Cannon Beach, tac. My favorite drive is from Nehalem south along Hwy 101 to Newport. Then we usually head East to Corvallis, then back home to near Portland.

I found those pics on the internet to share with you, they're not my own.

Oregon Coast map - Google Search

Scenic Oregon hwy 101 pics - Google Search

Didn't need to look at your last, I just saw that it was the top end of Ecola State Park from 101 as you come of 26...................., but thanks anyway. We've likely driven 101 fifty times, end to end, and never ever tire of it. I'm a great fan of Conde McCollough and his wondrous bridges.

Best to you all from us here, wishing we wuz there.

tac

Last Edited:
Wasted money aside, it's not a bad looking bridge. And since I work somewhat close to it, I've had a chance to walk over it a number of times. From a walking/cycling perspective, there is no better bridge in the Portland area - big, wide sidewalks on both sides, lots of room without feeling cramped by others. And, it offers the first 'new' view of Portland in the last 40 years or so.

Wasted money aside, it's not a bad looking bridge. And since I work somewhat close to it, I've had a chance to walk over it a number of times. From a walking/cycling perspective, there is no better bridge in the Portland area - big, wide sidewalks on both sides, lots of room without feeling cramped by others. And, it offers the first 'new' view of Portland in the last 40 years or so.

I admit that it is a great looking bridge! I'll have to get a good look at it one day from foot or train.

But the irony?

big, wide sidewalks on both sides, lots of room without feeling cramped by others.

I see the inner neighborhoods in PDX getting so crowded, apartments going up all over with no off street parking. Lovely old starter homes for folks, being torn down and monstrous three story 6000sq' homes built in their footprint. Vehicle traffic increasing while being squoze in to smaller lanes to add bicycle lanes.

That's our Portland!

I admit that it is a great looking bridge! I'll have to get a good look at it one day from foot or train.

But the irony?

I see the inner neighborhoods in PDX getting so crowded, apartments going up all over with no off street parking. Lovely old starter homes for folks, being torn down and monstrous three story 6000sq' homes built in their footprint. Vehicle traffic increasing while being squoze in to smaller lanes to add bicycle lanes.

That's our Portland!

I live out in semi-rural Clackamas county, and all that beautiful open space and farmland is similarly being gobbled up for huge housing projects, many are high density apartment type buildings, all the while making zero improvements to roadways that can't support the added traffic. It's all very disappointing :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top