JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One not mentioned, but I recommend for parking lots and parking on the street,

Use your right hand to unlock your driver's door from the lock pull,
not the door armrest button.
This gets you into a position to look behind in what is often a blind spot.
- someone else pulling in next to you may save damage
- someone driving by
- if someone is close, too close, opportunity to leave.

Alert + Aware = Alive
I was in a class last year where someone who was involved in a DGU showed a video from the event where people are walking right past the suspect in a store who is obviously not "normal" and carrying a handgun. One bumps into him and basically seems annoyed...but not about the gun part. Seen this in many other videos as well. Good advice.

And every time I see your location @oremike I have a craving for Cardamom buns from the bakery down there!

Last Edited:
1) "(HA!! I'm married... I don't have any cash, LOL!)"
I find the opposite. I wouldn't have what I do without my wife.

2) Post #3:
Totally agree about unobtrusive vehicles. We have a white '14 Sonata (last year for 274 hp, listed top speed 153 mph) that looks just like millions of other family sedans and performs quite well. No stickers, no clever drivel about "Protected by S&W" (i.e. "Steal the gun in this car.")

3) Post #4"
Remember - tinfoil hats only work when they're grounded. :D
The kitty looks less than delighted.

4) #22: "Too many people walk around with their noses in their phones and don't have a clue what is going on around them."
Nothing screams "ROB ME!! like being obviously oblivious to your surroundings. (Sub)human predators are experts in sizing up potential victims and having your head up your azz is the 1st step on the journey to victimhood.

5) Why does that saying rub me the wrong way just like "high speed low drag"?
No clue. Why does it? There are a lot more stupider (sic.) phrases.

6) I must just not be important looking enough to be worth following.
With the Chicom19 situation I haven't gone anywhere other than medical appts, so it's not much of an issue.
The Beloved usually drives, leaving me with the duties of gunner, navigator, and flight engineer.
When I do drive I put the gun in the ctr console, both for availability and not getting out with it on my person if I get stopped.

Avoid doing stupid things, at stupid times, with stupid people.

Some people might read that and think it would prevent them from living their day to day life - take it for what it's worth.

There's a lot to be said for outward appearance, stride, and demeanor. Timid behavior is a top of the list victim behavior. Most predators are looking for a win without a fight, seeing a timid person with their eyes down, walking sheepishly or obliviously. Predators see that and think, "food."

Physically I am not that appealing from a predator's standpoint. I don't look like an easy mark, my demeanor, though polite is assertive. My wife is textbook victim because she is so oblivious and was raised pretty darn sheltered and it is only by the grace of God she hasn't been victimized. We're still working on situational awareness, but follow the stupid rule for her and we are together most of the time. We also specifically had her change job locations to be in a safer day to day environment.

Having "soft" skills can also be helpful. Like good verbal judo, being able to decline people without insulting them, you never want to invite attacks by insulting pride.

If a confrontation can't be avoided by some initial basic attempts being willing to go to extreme and remorseless violence in a hurry will often overwhelm an attacker. I'm talking about doing things to their body that going to the hospital probably won't be able to fix anytime soon. The gun is a good tool, but realistically you can't legally shoot people until there is already a problem that has gone very sideways, understanding the very squishy parts or delicate parts of the human body helps when the gun isn't appropriate but there is still an issue.

Profiling is very important. A 70-80 year old person whose physically feeble and neatly dressed walking down the street isn't a likely threat. That's just the facts of life.

Men are overwhelmingly on average more prone to violence than women. Both men, women and even children often be used as distractions, look outs, etc. for others to catch you by surprise, hence when a random person is trying to get your attention, be wary of your surroundings.

Do you have a light, do you have the time, do you know where this place is, can I have some money. Those are all potentially ways to distract you, momentarily get you to lower your defenses and allow them to close the distance under the guise of socially acceptable behavior. It could be a set up to launch a attack from surprise.

Vectors are good to understand. People generally don't walk in intersecting paths with each other. They walk parallel or at angles to avoid intersecting. Someone who is walking with an intercept course to you more than likely means you are the target.

I don't advocate living in fear, but I do advocate living aware and by being aware, I am not afraid because despite what school or your mother may have told you, "sometimes violence is the answer."

I might look like a total weirdo out in public for a few weeks (at least more weird than usual) while I'm trying out all these new tactics you guys are posting.
It's all pretty seamless and benign, most of the time the person you're with won't even notice what you're doing.

By now, if my GF notices me in an odd pattern, she'll discreetly go along with it and I'll explain later: "Those same two guys walked past in the other direction 2 min ago". Or, "l just like to read menus posted on the window"... whatever. She knows I'm just looking out, whatever form it takes. She blames Uncle Sam. Works for me.

Ya shoulda pinged me! I was out at the range until after 4, just as the sun was setting.

Bob's, if you mean Bob's Burgers & Brews, has a full bar. It's a lot like the bar in any Red Robin.

Speaking of Bob...
View attachment 780125
Good to know. I'm more of a burger n brew guy. She's a pizza and drink-in-a-bucket gal... l ALWAYS end up waiting for her to finish.

Ya shoulda pinged me! I was out at the range until after 4, just as the sun was setting.

Bob's, if you mean Bob's Burgers & Brews, has a full bar. It's a lot like the bar in any Red Robin.

Speaking of Bob...
View attachment 780125

Lord man! As much as you crack me up on a weekly basis, I'd consider making a special trip up to have a burger/beer with you!

Alert + Aware = Alive

Yeah, well, in potland it seems the UN-aware, UN-alert, are breeding and producing more of the same. I don't know what you call those?

Physically I am not that appealing from a predator's standpoint. I don't look like an easy mark, my demeanor, though polite is assertive. My wife is textbook victim because she is so oblivious and was raised pretty darn sheltered and it is only by the grace of God she hasn't been victimized. We're still working on situational awareness, but follow the stupid rule for her and we are together most of the time. We

Wifey walks the two blocks to and from work. She keeps her work keys in her hand just so....A key extended between the fingers with the ring firmly against the palm of the hand could make quite a painful injury. She also knows a throat punch. That, and she carries, and knows how to use, a box knife!

Last Edited:
I have seen some very weird people around lately. One approuched me 3 times in a 20 min period invading my space . Trying to make BS convo about stuff he obviosly new nothing about.It was a toss up weather he was a Random idiot or had some intent. The line is very blurred these days.must be the result of the participation trophys
I see this happen most commonly in the places that sale the cheapest stuff in town that dont require a membership. The member ship stores might be worth the 60 bucks as preventative maintance.

Last Edited:
I have seen some very weird people around lately. One approuched me 3 times in a 20 min period invading my space . Trying to make BS convo about stuff he obviosly new nothing about.It was a toss up weather he was a Random idiot or had some intent. The line is very blurred these days.must be the result of the participation trophys
I see this happen most commonly in the places that sale the cheapest stuff in town that dont require a membership. The member ship stores might be worth the 60 bucks as preventative maintance.
I was starting to see a lot of weird people around too but then I stopped looking at my reflection in windows and mirrors. I feel much safer now...:s0115:

So did you lead her on a merry chase?

Exit your car with a gun drawn?

At least do a brake check?

:D

No - I just got out of the car before my wife did, and said "Who is that?"

If I lived in one of the big cities, I'd be more on edge. But for now, I'm still relaxed enough to just enjoy life while I wait for the Lord to return. Current events being what they are, I might have to start being more careful - but so far, almost all of the surprises that happen are good ones.

No - I just got out of the car before my wife did, and said "Who is that?"

If I lived in one of the big cities, I'd be more on edge. But for now, I'm still relaxed enough to just enjoy life while I wait for the Lord to return. Current events being what they are, I might have to start being more careful - but so far, almost all of the surprises that happen are good ones.

He's on the way . Keep you awarness up so you dont miss the boat

Lord man! As much as you crack me up on a weekly basis, I'd consider making a special trip up to have a burger/beer with you!
Pretty sure there's a road that leads all the way from Portland right to my house... :D

Yeah, well, in potland it seems the UN-aware, UN-alert, are breeding and producing more of the same. I don't know what you call those?
Obliviots... :)

Pretty sure there's a road that leads all the way from Portland right to my house... :D

You guys loaded with covid zombies over there too? I know a gal that moved to Moscow to work at the university. She never paid me the $84.00 she owed me for I had done for her before she left. Never sent me her address like she said she would. I could swing by the school while I was up there and surprise her! :rolleyes: Looks like pretty country there.

You guys loaded with covid zombies over there too? I know a gal that moved to Moscow to work at the university. She never paid me the $84.00 she owed me for I had done for her before she left. Never sent me her address like she said she would. I could swing by the school while I was up there and surprise her! :rolleyes: Looks like pretty country there.

She learned allot in potland

Well, @HaveGun lives a helluva lot closer to UoI than I do, so mebbe you could visit him when you're lookin' to get yer money back from that deadbeat floozy.

As far as COVID zombies, yeah, we got our fair share. A coupla weeks ago, I saw a bunch of 'em driving around, alone in their cars, with masks on, complete with BiteMe/Hoe bumper stickers on their cars... :rolleyes:

Well, @HaveGun lives a helluva lot closer to UoI than I do, so mebbe you could visit him when you're lookin' to get yer money back from that deadbeat floozy.

I used to date a gal that now works in the Registrars office at the UI. Or at least she did last time I saw her a few years ago. If you come to Moscow, you will be amazed at how it reminds you of an older Portland. All the leftist ideals and vibe just before the crazy takes over and it goes full retard.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top