JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
... don't think you'll have the Government on your side.

Pinkerton was the homes resident.

"When Pinkerton opened the door, he found Green on the porch, police said. Green demanded to see Jessica Pinkerton.
Matthew Pinkerton told Green to leave, but he refused and started to shout, police said.
The pair exchanged “derogatory” remarks before Pinkerton closed the front door, police said. Green continued to yell from the front porch, police said.
Pinkerton then heard his screen door being opened, police said. He headed back to the front door as Green broke through it, damaging the door frame, O’Neill said.
Pinkerton pulled his gun and ordered Green to leave, O’Neill said.
Green continued into the residence and was shot twice by Pinkerton, police said."

"Pinkerton was charged with second-degree murder, manslaughter and use of a firearm in a felony or violent crime.
The state argued that Pinkerton could have called 911."

<broken link removed>

Looks like a little more to this story...like Green sleeping with his wife.

Pinkerton, who is in the Air Force, suspected his wife was having an affair last year while he was on a work assignment in Korea, police said.

Pinkerton returned early from his Korea assignment and, upon entering his residence, found Green there with his wife, police said.

Would you say that adds or subtracts anything to the legal right of pinkerton to defend his home against someone he, for any reason, did not want entering his home? In my opinion if someone has been told "do not come in here" then, by way of force enters, I can reasonably assume that person's reason for entering is, in some form, hostility toward me or others in the home. I think in the black and white of it that has to be self defense. I have no idea what that persons intention is. If the man was banging my wife i would probably assume he had no good intention toward me lol! It seems more and more as time goes on the best advice i got from an instructor was, if someone enters your home and you feel the need to shoot them, make certain they do not survive and make sure you tell the police nothing more than "I feared my life was in danger, i would like to speak to my lawyer before making any further statement."

In this case he knew the guy but if someone,illegally,enters your home,you usually don't have a clue as to there capabilities as to do with violence.
Have they killed before? Did they come to kill tonight? Do they have a record of violent crimes?
Are they ex-military with any hand to hand combat training? Do they have any martial arts or weapons training?

Are they just completely out of their MOFOing GOURD?

See,these are the questions you should be asking your intruder.:s0155:
Or making sure your lawyer is telling the prosecutor that you can't answer about your intruder.

Yeah, well go knock on the door of a cop's house...pick any house that has a cop car in the driveway and bang on the door at 2am and ask for a smoke- see what happens.

I would bet most people that own guns would have them in hand at 2 AM, if they are hearing a knock at the door. It's absurd that the prosecution is characterizing this as unusual behavior.

This guy got what he deserve.. He should follow the LAWS. Shot the intruder one round, call 911 then shot the ceiling another round :) told 911 first shot was warning shot :) second shot stop the intruder -:) i am so evil!

Ceiling debris and dust would fall and spread over the intruder on the second shot and prove that you were lying about the sequence of events. Your reward for lying - life in prison. This ain't the 1880s.

Another wrinkle from one of the readers' posts at the end of the article:

I had wondered why this guy was arrested so I went and looked at the press release put out by the police. The release says that Pinkerton shot Green after he was invited into the home. Why would the Capital include that in this article?

If the "victim" was actually invited into the house, or if the police think he was, or if the police claim he was, then that would explain the murder charges. But, who is claiming the man was invited in ?

Looks like a little more to this story...like Green sleeping with his wife.

It's not quite fair to color the narrative that way. If you read the whole story, the deployed military husband knew that his wife was allowing the intruder and several others to stay in the house while he was gone. They had since kicked him out, and he thought he deserved more from the wife do to helping her with family stuff while the husband was deployed. He wanted more, she declined his advances, and he was pissed.

Could they have had sex while the husband was gone? Maybe, but simply saying he was sleeping with the guys wife is unknown and unwarranted. It was not a simple affair sittuation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top