JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like plastic guns, I like steel guns. I don't like cowboy guns. I like hand guns I really don't care to shoot rifles. It is all personal likes there is no right to wrong,except when it comes to cowboy guns.

I have only been on here a short time, but I've spent years on other forums. On this one I get the impression that polymer guns are kinda frowned upon, that most on here could care less, and that if I bought a new pistol I shouldn't bother posting up pics and stuff unless it's a metal gun for high $$. I cannot point directly to the comments I read that cause me to think this, but I did see something somewhere. But anyway....just my initial impression is all...

Dude! It's all in fun! Anyway, people have a perfect right to carry those Matty Mattel junkers if they want!

The only reason I got into a Glock is because it was the best choice for me to get into the 10mm Auto. I really don't mind the construction at all , in fact it absorbs the recoil of hot loaded 10mm a lot better than the steel frame 10's I have shot......the only problem I have with Glock is the trigger pull, I have to work at it to stay proficient with it, I am very much a single action guy but I am getting it and realize its MY problem because I have seen folks shoot them very well, much better than me, but I improve every time I shoot it....and can hold a decent 25 yard group these days

I have some time on an EAA Elite hunter in 45acp 6 inch, hell of a good pistol, and CZ is my all time favorite pistol so it did seem a natural fit for me
I wanted to CC first so I researched the Witness compact and read more bad then good.
The ability to make the 29 into a 20 with the mag and barrel swap won me over.....hated it at first, but with some trigger time, a polish of trigger parts and a recoil spring change I like it much better.

The only reason I got into a Glock is because it was the best choice for me to get into the 10mm Auto. I really don't mind the construction at all , in fact it absorbs the recoil of hot loaded 10mm a lot better than the steel frame 10's I have shot......the only problem I have with Glock is the trigger pull, I have to work at it to stay proficient with it, I am very much a single action guy but I am getting it and realize its MY problem because I have seen folks shoot them very well, much better than me, but I improve every time I shoot it....and can hold a decent 25 yard group these days

try the Ghost trigger connector. It's a drop in install and if you don't like it, you can send it back. I have one in my imaginary Glock 20

For many years I was one of the "No Plastic Guns for Me!" crowd. Then the media started blaming the Glock 17 and the 33 round mags for the shooting of Congress Woman Gabrielle Giffords by a known insane man that should have never been allowed to purchase a firearm legally.. I bought one just to say F U to the media.

I don't like cowboy guns.
I assume by your statement you mean single action handguns and lever action rifles because they were the predominant style of guns during the during what is generally accepted as the 'Cowboy' era and not specifically created or designed for 'Cowboys'. Heck if Glocks were available at the time I am sure the average 'Cowboy' would have carried one. There are no guns that are designated as 'Cowboy' guns. And personally I love SA handguns and lever action rifles and own many!

I love my glock 20s but they look like any other glock. Well,except for the cool LW stainless long slide.
If someone puts up a pic on the 'show your guns' thread of a glock or similar poly gun,or an AR for that matter,I don't always 'like' the pic.
But if it's a nice revolver or a beautiful 1911 (not the bobs),a nice lever gun, I do 'like' the pic.
For the most part,I think poly guns are,well, ugly

And Glock is not the original poly gun.

try the Ghost trigger connector. It's a drop in install and if you don't like it, you can send it back. I have one in my imaginary Glock 20
I had a Scherer 3.5 connector at one point but the trigger failed to rest a couple time so I couldn't have that, I just polished the oem stuff up to a mirror and decided to learn the stock trigger or die trying

Did I hear cowboy guns?

The acceptance of plastic guns is often very generational. The older the generation, the less likely they will have an affinity for plastic guns. That being said, I'm in the don't-like-plastic generation. In spite of that, I own many. They all work as designed. As long as a guy keeps an open mind, and realizes it's not necessarily a target gun, these guns do have a place, even for me. And when I am carrying or using a plastic gun, if it happens to get bumped or scratched, or if it misses a cleaning, I'm not heart broken.

WAYNO.

What a few people on a forum thinks about a photo you post should matter very little. What matters is how it serves your needs, whether practical or esthetic.

There' no denying that the deep black-bluing of the 1950's Colts and S&W's is gorgeous to look at.

There is also a certain beauty to a piece that has been in daily service and shows its battle scars, with the finish partly worn off. It's the look of something serving a different purpose. Utility. I like that too.

I've tried plastic... They feel alright in my hand, reliable, mostly high capacity. I don't own any anymore. There is nothing like a 1911.

And it's always fun shooting lever guns. I shoot my 1894 44mag every trip to the range. I will have a blackhawk sometime next year as well.

I got a reminder this weekend about gun prejudice .....I am not on of those better then thou guys but I hate Keltec, friend of mine brought one to the shoot this week, super tiny 380 . He asked if I wanted to shoot it, I said "na".....he insulted me so I took it and was amazed how will it place holes at 10 yards, and consistent too.......before the end of the day it quit extracting so I got the last laugh but it did much better than I gave it credit for

I have only been on here a short time, but I've spent years on other forums. On this one I get the impression that polymer guns are kinda frowned upon, that most on here could care less, and that if I bought a new pistol I shouldn't bother posting up pics and stuff unless it's a metal gun for high $$. I cannot point directly to the comments I read that cause me to think this, but I did see something somewhere. But anyway....just my initial impression is all...

Well, technically, they are not 100% polymer...at least those that can be used more than once. :s0114: I don't get the impression that the forum is anti-plastic pistols. It's probably more a reflection of the long heritage with steel hardware and from a collectors perspective, more long term value.

To me, the weapon itself doesn't matter. You are comfortable and accurate with what you train with. My mentor could shoot expert with nearly any pistol you put in his hand, left or right. He chose to shoot an XD9 because at 65 years old and tens of thousands of rounds downrange he liked the ergos better and he had slight arthritis.

Missy here has been in the gun Biz for a long time, and saw the introduction of the tuperware guns back in the 80's.

I grabbed up a Glock 23 when they first hit town and have never looked back.

They dont Rust either, well at least the frame anyway.

I get folks that insist that the POLY frames don't fit their hand :huh: I am convinced that it's head thing, and has little to do with the gun fitting the hand.

Everyone has something that spins their propeller. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads