JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have only been on here a short time, but I've spent years on other forums. On this one I get the impression that polymer guns are kinda frowned upon, that most on here could care less, and that if I bought a new pistol I shouldn't bother posting up pics and stuff unless it's a metal gun for high $$. I cannot point directly to the comments I read that cause me to think this, but I did see something somewhere. But anyway....just my initial impression is all...

I personally think of it this way. I enjoy looking at a nice metal watch. To me, it's not just a tool but also a work of art. At the same time I enjoy owning and using a tooth brush and I appreciate it's purpose in life. However, I rarely stare at and admire the tooth brush in the same way as I do the watch.

That being said, I'm not one to rain on someone else's parade, so let's see some photos of those tooth brushes. :)

If you think people here don't like polymer guns, then you haven't seen people talking about Glocks, the original Plastic Fantastic, lol! Me personally, I don't really care. My 9mm is poly frame/stainless slide, my revolver is all stainless, my .22LR and .17HMR rifles are poly stocks, my AR is all metal, and my Mosin Nagant is wood. Different strokes for different folks. I could really care less if people don't like my SR9 because it has a polymer frame, it's my gun, it feels good to hold and shoot, and I like it. Don't worry about what other people might say. And that being said, when I've posted pics of my stuff, I don't recall anyone saying anything negative. you only get that kind of stuff in opinion threads, and you know what they say about opinions, LOL! Welcome to the board, don't let the Steel Snobs scare you off!

tifinity.jpg
TiFinity Titanium teeth brush. I don't have a tooth count on it but it's low:s0131: and I only run Crest Pro Health, you know for cavity defense purposes.

Some action shots:
cat-brushing-teeth-300x219.jpg

tifinity.jpg

cat-brushing-teeth-300x219.jpg

I think that anyone who posts pictures of their prized possessions with personal information that will allow a connection to be made are being foolish in the extreme.

During the 2nd world war there was a saying: "Loose lips sink ships." the same applies here. You don't know who is watching but among them is an alphabet soup of government agencies who are not your friends. . .

Sheldon

A connection? A connection to what? Paranoia isn't one of my better qualities....

I think he's trying to say that if you post a picture of your gun, you are voluntarily putting yourself in a gun registry and that gun will be one of the first taken away in the coming Great Gun Confiscation that the DHS is stockpiling hollow-point ammo and armored troop transports for.

I think that anyone who posts pictures of their prized possessions with personal information that will allow a connection to be made are being foolish in the extreme.

During the 2nd world war there was a saying: "Loose lips sink ships." the same applies here. You don't know who is watching but among them is an alphabet soup of government agencies who are not your friends. . .

Sheldon

I think that anyone who posts anything at all in an online gun forum are on the same list of possible connections to be made. So I guess we're all in the same boat here...?

I'm sure there are people who hate "plastic" guns on here, but the only time I've seen it pop up is when the thread turns into Glock vs. 1911.

The handguns I bought to shoot strictly at paper targets on the range are heavy steel, mostly with exotic wood grips. The gun(s) I carry are lightweight modern guns which I do not find as esthetically pleasing as the old classics. Still, the carry gun is in the holster hidden under clothing 99% of the time and weighs a lot less than my Hi-power or 1911......and that's a big factor--I'd post a pic but they all look the same, black and blocky. Or is that black and Glocky?
Some gun maker might try a method of making those plastic grips look like wood--it's done in other applications and might stimulate a few old geezers like me to buy one that we might not have purchased otherwise. I have a little table I use for my powder scale and dispenser--it has a rough texture and wood grain top, and is plactic.............

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top