JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i don't want to sell it, but with money being how it is I'm trying to get a 1903 (not a3 or mk1) stock variant "s" with the grasping grooves. their price is rising (as they will) so that extra 700 or so ill get from my remi a3 will help a lot
I believe there is or was a thread on here called the guns you sold and regret lol

View attachment 358765
i should probably mention my current collection....
Lee enfield no.4 mk 1 Canadian long branch
Springfield Armory M1 Garand
Remington 1903a3 (I'm going to sale)
and i am getting two Australian SMLE Mk3's i won a bid on.
I know i said i don't like modern tactical guns (i don't) but i find it un-American to not own one lol, so i picked up the saint from Springfield (i have a bias for their firearms)
VERY nice start!!!!

thanks man. funny you mention that, a 1991gov colt 1911 blued with rosewood grips is the first and second-to-last handgun i will purchase after I'm 21
1911's are dangerous. They have a way of causing you to gravitate to more of them every time you walk into a shop. Also are known to be like that sleep aid Ambien <sp?>. People often end up at home with a new one with no memory of buying it. Normally starts with "I remember asking the guy to let me see that 1911 in the case............................." :cool:

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to have another of the younger generation join the forum, I'm trying to get my son and his friends on here as well.

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to have another of the younger generation join the forum, I'm trying to get my son and his friends on here as well.
That's easy buy them a gun that don't work and tell them to come on here and ask how to fix it lol that's how I found this site looking for help to fix a old pistol

Welcome to the forum. I like old military guns too. Have a Mauser broomhandle a lee enfield a couple FALs used to have more but trimming down

Welcome. Good resource here and good people.

Last Edited:
Figured an introduction was the proper thing to do, so hi. Washington dude born and raised. About as American as you can get from my generation lol. 20 as of march this year. i have loved firearms ever since i could remember. thanks to my grandfather i grew up with an education on WW1 and WW2 (specifically firearms) and now that I'm in the position to collect them, i am. Prefer older military firearms over all the modern market tactical soul-less plinkers, but thats just my opinion;)
Good man!
My Grandfather introduced me to shooting at age 8 and I still have the rifle he gave me 51 years ago and it's still in great shape. Welcome to NWFA Mister :)

Good man!
My Grandfather introduced me to shooting at age 8 and I still have the rifle he gave me 51 years ago and it's still in great shape. Welcome to NWFA Mister :)

MY dad introduced me to shooting at age 6 and I still have the Walther .22 rifle he left me with 46 years ago and it's still in great shape.

tac

MY dad introduced me to shooting at age 6 and I still have the Walther .22 rifle he left me with 46 years ago and it's still in great shape.

tac
Y'all's parents introduced you while I saw a gun and fell in love at 20. Little bro started at 13. Lucky you guys. Never gotten a gun from any of my family.

Welcome.
You look to have a good start on your collection.

Now just to help you understand where your loyalties lye.

Don't go confusing Springfield Armory the maker of US military Firearms from 1777-1968.
With ''Springfield Armory'' the company that licensed the name in 1974 and still produces guns today.

They make great guns. So no reason not to like them. They just have no historic connection to the M1 you own. ;)

Also. Don't be too quick to sell off the 1903.
The things we do at 20, frustrate the heck out of us when we look back at 50. :s0108:
Exactly! With only the exception of a couple of junk .22LR semi-autos, I have never sold a gun and not regretted it. I sold a Belgian made Browning semi-auto .22LR (the skinny little take-down model) for $50 when I was about 17. Sweet little rifle, and I've missed it for the last 50 years or so. $500 now.

Then there was the Browning Medalist I traded straight across for a Citori. I love the Citori, but I miss that Medalist to this day. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/638053039

The one I miss most is my Remington 513T. Sold it for $100 in about 1965. $750 now on Gun Broker. That bare bones rifle would hit anything big enough to be seen at up to 100 yards. It would put 10 rounds through essentially the same hole at 50 feet. I won many matches with it.

In short, I just do not sell guns anymore. I've learned my lesson.

Exactly! With only the exception of a couple of junk .22LR semi-autos, I have never sold a gun and not regretted it. I sold a Belgian made Browning semi-auto .22LR (the skinny little take-down model) for $50 when I was about 17. Sweet little rifle, and I've missed it for the last 50 years or so. $500 now.

Then there was the Browning Medalist I traded straight across for a Citori. I love the Citori, but I miss that Medalist to this day. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/638053039

The one I miss most is my Remington 513T. Sold it for $100 in about 1965. $750 now on Gun Broker. That bare bones rifle would hit anything big enough to be seen at up to 100 yards. It would put 10 rounds through essentially the same hole at 50 feet. I won many matches with it.

In short, I just do not sell guns anymore. I've learned my lesson.
i get that, but the price on the 1903 i wanna get keeps going up lol. ive thought about buying a sporterized (way cheaper) one and keeping the one i have now then just buy the stock and parts, the stocks are also hard to come by. i feel like i regret/be happy either way

i get that, but the price on the 1903 i wanna get keeps going up lol. ive thought about buying a sporterized (way cheaper) one and keeping the one i have now then just buy the stock and parts, the stocks are also hard to come by. i feel like i regret/be happy either way
Yep, I understand perfectly. The solution is find a way to own both. :)

IMG_0269.JPG an update to my current collection, my two austrailian smle mk III 's came in

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top