JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I restore old Schwinn bikes - mostly mid 50's to early 60's and I belong to a couple of forums for that.

We HATE it when we have to scratch our paint when clamping a generator bracket or when sliding on or screwing on a clamp for brake and shifter cables, etc. This is true whether it's new paint or nice original.

One of the guys came up with the idea of buying some of that clear "sticky back" film that's used on the nose of a car or pickup to stop rock chips. He cuts a small strip and lines the inside of the clamp with it, trims the edges with a single edged razor blade, and... no more scratches.

From now on I will be doing that for such things as the clamp at the end of a shotgun mag extension, and anywhere else I have to clamp something to the finish of the gun and expect or risk a scratch.

Just a thought for y'all...

Cliff

I used Kapton tape on the inside of my scope rings before tightening them down on the scope. It works very well and the tape is very thin and stiff so it doesn't interfere with the rings or allow the scope to wiggle within the rings.

I don't remember what it's called, but you can get replacement clear film to recover I-pod & cell phone screens. It's pretty tuff stuff. I don't know how it compares in price though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top