JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
See this is all BS to me.

"According to the state, because ORS 161.015(10) defines streets and highways as public places, local governments may regulate the possession of a loaded firearm on their streets or highways, regardless of whether the firearm--while on the street or highway--is also inside a motor vehicle or other container."

Well judge, My house is in the city of Portland Oregon. It sits in Multnomah County. But it is still my private property.

So is my vehicle that sits in McDonalds parking lot. It is still my private property.

EAH? BS I tell ya. Plain and simple.

These cowardly meth smoker criminals need to realize that when they stick their hands in someone else's car, they might get a big bunch of buckshot in the chest. Criminals aren't afraid of the police, or an unarmed public.

Just a reminder - If someone wants in your car - HAving it locked may deter some.
Someone took a crow bar and pryed the locked door open.

Alarms help if you can hear them.

Having an alarm only works if the thief doesn't know how to disable them and there are a number of ways to do that, including a couple that don't even involve clipping a wire. Locks are easy to defeat.

I found this part of the last document interesting...

...recklessly having failed to remove all the ammunition from the firearm."

A strict reading of the text would mean that if you intentionally left the firearm loaded you would not be in violation.

Aside from that, the defendant in the case argued the wrong issues. The officer had no right to search the undoubtedly closed backpack, and was clearly lying through his teeth when he said the gun was in plain sight. He needs for it to be in plain sight for the search to be admissible.

If you live in a shady neighborhood, your best bet IMO is to simply leave NOTHING in your vehicle and leave it unlocked for people to rifle through. No busted windows or locks, no stolen belongings.

Had someone steal stuff out of our Suburban last night. I forgot to lock it up.

They took: CD's (around 12), probably $20 in change, the ashtray with change in it, cell phone charger, cheap first aid kit, hand sanitizer, hand lotion, pin and pad..not sure what else.

That stinks.

Howard

worse problem than theft is the access to a garage door opener, personal data, etc. Gives the goober access to your home.

Had someone steal stuff out of our Suburban last night. I forgot to lock it up.

They took: CD's (around 12), probably $20 in change, the ashtray with change in it, cell phone charger, cheap first aid kit, hand sanitizer, hand lotion, pin and pad..not sure what else.

That stinks.

Howard

I live near you. We've had a couple of bikes stolen from our privacy fenced backyard. An attempt was made at siphoning our gas - easily thwarted by almost completely empty tank. Effin tweakers man. I can't stand 'em.

My truck got broke into yesterday morning. (93 ford, contents worth about $50) I came out and interupted the break in. Chased the kid six or so blocks while panting on the phone to 911. (I found out that on my cell all 911 calls are speaker phone only. Good thing to find out in case you are calling for help with an intruder) A police car zoomed down the street half a block in front of me and when I came around the corner he had the kid. I love it when my backup is in front of me. lol. Tell you what though, it's hard to sprint six blocks. Turns out nothing was stollen but the kid did have some weed. Oops. Next time break only one law at a time.

.....36 hours later... My shins are still tender from my sprint. Ugh.

Sorry to hear you got ripped Howard. Would love to catch those oxygen bandits in action and hold them for the police (bleeding).

Locking up is a good practice for sure, but hardly foolproof. I've had locked vehicles stolen. And I've had a few locked cars with broken windows and things taken. Nothing should be left in plain sight, even empty backpacks or nasty old sneakers. It's all bait for meth-head sh*tbags.

The address on your registration can lead someone right to your house, with your garage opener, after they watch you and the family walk away from the kid-hauler to spend 2-3 hours at a show or game. Luckily, my garage opener only gives access to the garage.

At home I garage my car, but I leave a truck out by the street. I don't leave anything in the truck that I can't afford to lose as thieves are everywhere, even in "good" neighborhoods. The stuff that makes the truck legal and civil (keys, registration, insurance, tire warranties, stereo faceplate, phone charger, garage opener, gas key, knife, maglight/cudgel, pepper spray, emergency cash, etc.) all stays in a small canvas toolbag ($8 at Harbor Freight) on a shelf just inside the front door of my house.

Doesn't much matter if it's open or not, but I lock it for the same reason we all practice safe weapon handling 100% of the time. Right? Just a good habit.

After the 3rd or 4th time my 70's shagvan in was stolen in Chula Vista and recovered by la Migra near San Clemente or Temecula, I fantasized about inventing an explosive telescoping steering column that would impale a car thief against the roof. Instead I had a car stereo shop install a starter solenoid cutoff switch hidden in the pile of the carpeting (on the ceiling - this was one classy ride). Still I found it hotwired at least monthly. This was near the border and I was tired of the police tearing out the paneling every time to look for dope. So a Spanish speaking friend made me a huge note that I left on the steering wheel saying the vehicle had been disabled. It was never molested again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top