JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I dont know what to tell you. Two local respected NFA dealers are telling me one thing and some random guy I dont know is telling me something else on the internet.

No offense, but who would you believe?
I would believe Norm, seeing that he works for a local respected NFA dealer.

I also believe the former NFA dealer who told me he lost his FFL in part for not doing background checks on NFA items purchased through trusts.

Additionally, a different local NFA dealer I purchase from has always done background checks on my trust purchases because that's how the ATF told him to do it.

https://www.atf.gov/file/58231/download

Read 9.4.2.2 on page 2, titled: Transfers of NFA firearms to persons other than an individual or an FFL and special (occupational) taxpayer.

Which refers you to 9.12, titled: Are FFLs/SOTs required to initiate a background check of the transferee under the Brady Law in connection with the transfer of an NFA firearm?

but just under is 9.12.1: NFA Transfers to other than individuals.
which says: Subsequent to the approval of an application requesting to transfer an NFA firearm to, or on behalf of, a partnership, company, association, trust, estate, or corporation, the authorized person picking up the firearm on behalf of, a partnership, company, association, trust, estate, or corporation from the FFL must complete the Form 4473 with his/her personal information and undergo a NICS check. See also, question P60 in the ATF FAQs.

Last Edited:
Success

cans.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR