JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello Everyone. I've been too occupied with work and work related issues for several weeks now. Felt like I was locked in a cage of some sort - restless and pacing around a lot. Couldn't figure out why I felt so off kilter. Then it dawned on me during my fourth cup of morning coffee! I had not been to the range in way too long. Keeping busy dry firing and reloading but there was something else apparently missing. Wham! Then it hit me. The range! Seems like it had been forever since my last visit. OK, a few home owner chores stood in my way due to long delayed promises to the missus to get them done. Zap! Got them done in almost record time. After lunch I was a freed man. Loaded up several hundred rounds of my favorite hand rolled 45acp- 5.2gr WW231 under 230 fmj [why do I save them like they are gold?] and my favorite 1911. Drove over to the range and settled into lane #4. Did my usual practice of target shooting at various distances and "point" shooting at closer distances. It was hot in there and I sweated like a dog. At one point I needed to wipe the sweat out of my eyes so I could see. OK. More than once I did this. Did I mention it was hot? I shot well for me. My age and eyesight challenges will never allow me to shoot any kind of competition except with myself. However today I hit everything I aimed at. Driving home I felt better. After I got everything cleaned up, oiled and put away I had to admit that my day now felt better. Funny how that happens. Sometimes ya just gotta go and do something fun for yourself. Make some memories for those rainy days. Thanks for listening. Pops

Hello Everyone. I've been too occupied with work and work related issues for several weeks now. Felt like I was locked in a cage of some sort - restless and pacing around a lot. Couldn't figure out why I felt so off kilter. Then it dawned on me during my fourth cup of morning coffee! I had not been to the range in way too long. Keeping busy dry firing and reloading but there was something else apparently missing. Wham! Then it hit me. The range! Seems like it had been forever since my last visit. OK, a few home owner chores stood in my way due to long delayed promises to the missus to get them done. Zap! Got them done in almost record time. After lunch I was a freed man. Loaded up several hundred rounds of my favorite hand rolled 45acp- 5.2gr WW231 under 230 fmj [why do I save them like they are gold?] and my favorite 1911. Drove over to the range and settled into lane #4. Did my usual practice of target shooting at various distances and "point" shooting at closer distances. It was hot in there and I sweated like a dog. At one point I needed to wipe the sweat out of my eyes so I could see. OK. More than once I did this. Did I mention it was hot? I shot well for me. My age and eyesight challenges will never allow me to shoot any kind of competition except with myself. However today I hit everything I aimed at. Driving home I felt better. After I got everything cleaned up, oiled and put away I had to admit that my day now felt better. Funny how that happens. Sometimes ya just gotta go and do something fun for yourself. Make some memories for those rainy days. Thanks for listening. Pops

This post is so cool that I'm not even going to misquote you (in several places) in "that thread".

:s0155:

I feel ya there Pops, it's been a far stretch since I had the time to get out to the range, and it's really getting on my nerves! Some times life gets in the way, but the nice thing is, my guns still love me, I still have lots of ammo, and my health, and when the time comes, I'm ready to go!

I remember before meeting the wife and our daughter being born, I used to spend a lot of time going out on my own and doing things. Whether it was going shooting, hunting, or fishing. I took meticulous care of my things. It was a "labor of love".

Man, I did too. I always found things to be interested in, was never bored. I could just listen to the radio and work in the garage for hours on end.

Awesome to see that some of you can go out to the range. With the NF in OR and WA shut down to shooting, it makes it hard for me to go out to my wonderful spots. I'm envious because I have a few new rifles that need some trigger time. One being a 6.5 creed with a new 16x42 SWFA SS. I need to do a little online comp, but can't get out. For now, all I have to remember my favorite shooting spots in the woods is my pictures on my computer. I'll show you guys, so you will know what I'm talking about:

Kl2VRPt.jpg
deOygGn.jpg
rWhHRrE.jpg
5OyHOZA.jpg
VEgQIX1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR