JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is probably an odd question ,but I was Just wondering if anyone has ever been asked( or is allowed to be asked) at jury duty if they have a CHL(which is not public info right?) or own any guns.

If you don't answer would it be perjury?
And if you do acknowledge that then make it public information?

Thanks Guys.

JP

Nope. Have done jury duty in three Oregon counties and even on a case for felon in possession of firearm but was never asked.

But if asked, I'd answer truthfully. Nothing to be gained by hiding it.

I would politely decline to answer the question. I recently (within the last year) had jury duty in WASHCO and was asked some questions by the attorneys and in a roundabout way declined to answer them. The judge dismissed me from the case but not before saying that he would love to sit down with me some day and pick my brain...

I'd like, if required, to be judged by 12 people that are more than willing to serve their civic duty.

I swear I'm the only person that doesn't curse when that letter comes in the mail.
I also consider it a responsibility and have never tried to get out of it. I have declined to stay on to be a part of the jury pool. Couldn't see sitting there for days just in case a jury member was disqualified.

last time i had to go to jury duty they asked if i was friends with any LEOs: yes.
what are your hobbies? i said building guns, hunting and making ammunition.

i was first to be excused that day. now im good for two years.

I'd like, if required, to be judged by 12 people that are more than willing to serve their civic duty.

I swear I'm the only person that doesn't curse when that letter comes in the mail.

Agreed. Never gotten the letter before today.
Only reason I asked because I thought they were alowed to ask pre jury questions.

Agreed. Never gotten the letter before today.
Only reason I asked because I thought they were alowed to ask pre jury questions.

I've never been asked anything in writing and never before getting to the courtroom. During Voir Dire, both attorneys ask questions aloud in open court. It is part of the official record of the case, so I guess if you're concerned someone could look that up, they could. But they would have to go through the transcripts of the whole trial to find out.

48 years living in Clark Co. and never been summoned for jury duty. Son is 38 and he's never been called either. Wife has twice, and daughter in law three times. I'd tell the truth, but not volunteer any extra information or explanation. Have always thought it would be interesting to serve.

Thankfully, our system asks the peers of communities to decide the fate of those accused of crimes in our society. Not just a prosacuter, not just a defense attorney, not even a judge. But us, a group of citizens to decide the fate of accused persons. Hang em, cut em loose, or don't bubblegum about our system. But, don't sit on the couch and say "they shoulda" just me.

I was called to jury duty in Benton county. The case involved a felon that was found with a firearm. I was called up to the stand and asked if I owned any firearms. I told them I owned multiple guns. I was promptly let go from the jury.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews