JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
amen moto.. works well against car doors, refrigerators, dishwashers, and any other old household appliance. even penetrated a 100# propane tank when hit straight on from 30 yrds. very nice fast 30cal,. round/

I remember years ago, before I sold my BSA hunter in ought six, I had some rounds of black tipped AP war surplus. Out in some remote area once, we found an old Ford pickup, made back when they used REAL steel for the bodies. Had the remains of a Flathead V-8 left in the bay..... fearing a ricochet, I backed off about fifty yards and let fly, straight on to one of the front fenders. low enough to hit the engine block. One round, then I had to investigate. Found the entry hole in the fender, and the one in the inner fender. OK, now, found the hole in the side of the engine block. Impressive. Checked the other side, what, there was another hole, freshly made (no rust, as everything else had). Then an other pair of holes through the inner, then outer, fender. No idea how far it travelled after it gave up on the truck. I was duly impressed..... wish I could get some more of that AP.......

I've got an old "cheap" Mauser 8mm, would love to have some AP for that as well. Its in pretty goood condition, but since I've only just got it, I've not had a chance to fire it yet.

Creep, I too found your amateur ballistics testing rather interesting. I've been a fan of the nine for some time (LOVE the Browning Hi Powers....), and was duly impressed by the penetration of ball rounds in softwood. I like them because they DO pack a rather authoritative punch, the guns are comfortable, compact, and easy to handle, VERY accurate (the BHP's, anyway) and have rather a large mag capacity. Oh, and the ammo is amongst the cheaper pistol rounds on offer anywhere. They are even cheaper than .380.. which is crazy, same bore, shorter cartridge, lighter bullet..... supply and demand, I suppose.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top