JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I use Chase not by Choice but inherited them. I liked WAMU and have tried others like BOA and Wells Fargo so do any of you use a good credit union. I used Columbia credit union a long time ago and did not like them for bad customer service reasons. Any helpful insight would be appreciated.

Thanks guys for your sugestions, with the new $5 Atm fees Im just like anyone else tired of giving money away.I got this online back for my school fundong and they rape you in charges. I CANT GET PAST THAT THEY CHARGE YOU TO USE YOUR OWN MONEY!

If you are on the East side of Vancouver/Camas/Washougal Lacamas Community Credit Union is a good choice. Been with them for about 25-30 years. Locations are a bit sparse though.

I use first tech and have been very happy with them. I used to be with chase and wells fargo but decided to leave when they started charging fee's. I don't even know where a first tech location is, but with credit unions, you can do your banking with any credit union that participates in shared banking. For example I sometimes go to twin star credit union and do my deposits there. You just have to make sure they are part of the credit union co-op.

I have been a Credit Union MEMBER (not a customer) for many years. In fact my sister and her husband both are Vice-Presidents at different credit unions. I have a few "bank" accounts, but only by default due to loans servicing, etc. I will not ever use a conventional bank. I could not be happier with the credit union(s) I am a member of. BECU being the largest of the three I am a member of. Their customer service is great, they are a little big and borderline impersonal, but I have never been told "no" by any one. The are NOT bureaucratic and they do not hesitate to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

I have been begging my girlfriend to cut the cord with Wachovia (aka "Walk-all-ova-ya") and go with a CU. I think she's finally seeing the light with these new $5 fee's! I had a car financed through a bank (JP Morgan Chase) at 7.88% I asked BECU about it and in 15 minutes I was re-fi'd at 3.75%.

A credit union can do anything a large or small bank can, but with out any of the non-sense fees. Not to mention your money is MUCH safer.

<snip> I will not ever use a conventional bank. I could not be happier with the credit union(s) I am a member of. BECU being the largest of the three I am a member of. Their customer service is great, they are a little big and borderline impersonal, but I have never been told "no" by any one. The are NOT bureaucratic and they do not hesitate to do whatever it takes to get the job done. <snip>

A credit union can do anything a large or small bank can, but with out any of the non-sense fees. Not to mention your money is MUCH safer.

+1 on above.

We've been members of USAA for years & have been relatively happy. They're all online; you use any bank machine you want & they reimburse you for the fees you pay.

I have USAA for my Auto Insurance. As a bank I have heard they are fantastic! I don't think they could even be viewed on the same level as BofA, Chase, etc... They really, really do have their members interests in mind it shows. Any service member who does not take advantage of USAA's benefits is seriously missing out IMO.

A big +1 on this. I use to have Wamu before Chase took over the show, I closed that account shortly after dealing with their BS.

Same here. I got out before they announced most of their changes. Love my credit union. Don't even fill out a deposit slip. Just need my account number. The people working there are really nice too.

Like t.huynh, I use First Tech. Been with them for over 10 years. Even when I haven't lived near a branch, there's been another Credit Union nearby that was a member of the CoOp network so you can do all of your branch or ATM banking for no charge. They have no fee checking with free online bill pay and no direct deposit require or minimum balance requirement. They notarize for free and have a coin sorter that is like CoinStar but free. The only complaint I have is that a CoOp bank (Unitus) wouldn't deposit a rather large two party tax refund check and I had to go to a FirstTech branch with my wife to get my money.

When I was forced to work for Bank of America a few years ago, even their employee account terms weren't as good as the Credit Unions. The only worthwhile excuse I have ever heard from people that continue to get the shaft from big banks and make them bigger is ATM locations...but with the credit unions' shared branch network its not a strong case.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top