JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just read that too.
It's good to see Vets helping Vets and even more the publicity of this. Vets need help, and who better to help than other Vets who know what their going through.
I didn't serve, and can only imagine that people who have been through the same mental and emotional trauma can understand what their going through and how they can help.

I have a friend who was paralyzed from the chest down in a stupid accident. It's a sobering and tramatic thing for him (and the friends and family) to go through. What's really helped him get through it was continuing to go back to the hospital and talking with people who recently had similiar injuries. Helping them cope, helping their families, and telling them what to expect.
It's his way of making things better for himself.

I think Vets need the same kind of counseling. You help yourselves by helping others. Giving yourself purpose. Creating that brotherhood again, and knowing there's people out there who have your back when the weight gets too heavy.

I'm tired of seeing "throw away soldiers".
The government is all about wanting you when they have a need of you.
Spending time and money on you for military training is not a problem , when you enlist.
But the "Thanks for playing , now here's the door" send off some folks get after serving is appalling to me.

Don't get me wrong I am very proud of my service.
I went to some excellent schools , met fine people, and experienced the world.
As life changing as my combat tours were , I wouldn't trade them off , they helped shape me into who I am today. Besides , I wouldn't wish that on anyone ...

It is wrong the amount red tape and time wasted before giving those who served the help they need.
Not having the time , money or personnel to give to help to these vets who need it is or should be a crime.

I'm not saying that we as veterans need a hand out or extra services or special anything.
Just a more accessible and streamlined avenue of approach to help and training for life after your service.
And not just for your immediate future , some issues lay dormant for years before cropping up a poisonous harvest of trouble.
Andy

Last Edited:
Wow! That story just stunned me! At least one thing is right with this world! Congratulations to Judge Oliveria, a human being!
Brings to mind, Robert A Heinlein's "Starship Troopers" where to be in the government one had to be a veteran!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top