JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I agree that the USAF dropped the ball, but the murderous scumbag that decided others need to die because he is a loser is the one at fault. I have no doubt a bgc alone would not have stopped him from obtaining a firearm. Determined, he could have gotten a gun by other means.

I suspect the judge's ruling is in response to the lawsuits against the retailer [Academy Sports + Outdoors] that sold the rifle. Since the Texas Supreme Court struck down those lawsuits as the retailer had followed the law, then who has deep pockets that the victims/families can go after? I'd bet a dollar to a donut that USAF careers were unaffected by that SNAFU, unless they saddled the blame on a low-rankinging enlistee.

I suspect the judge's ruling is in response to the lawsuits against the retailer [Academy Sports + Outdoors] that sold the rifle. Since the Texas Supreme Court struck down those lawsuits as the retailer had followed the law, then who has deep pockets that the victims/families can go after? I'd bet a dollar to a donut that USAF careers were unaffected by that SNAFU, unless they saddled the blame on a low-rankinging enlistee.
What is that old saying?

Oh yeah - fecal matter rolls down hill. That is especially true in the military and other government institutions.

I agree that the USAF dropped the ball, but the murderous scumbag that decided others need to die because he is a loser is the one at fault. I have no doubt a bgc alone would not have stopped him from obtaining a firearm. Determined, he could have gotten a gun by other means.
Scum bag did the crime, but there is no point to have the various legal systems in place if they aren't followed through. I either want the law used and applied uniformly as it is written and intended or to be scrapped entirely.

Oh the irony, people who want the gov to enact more processes to control guns suing the government for failing to follow a process to control guns.

Seriously though, the USAF does owe society something here. Sure, the dude could have made a car bomb after being turned down a gun - that's not the point. The USAF didn't follow mandated protocols and disaster struck.

Is it ever gonna be the shooter's fault in one of these deals? o_O

Asking for a friend.
A federal judge has ruled that the U.S. Air Force is mostly responsible for a former serviceman killing more than two dozen people at a Texas church in 2017 because it failed to submit his criminal history into a database, which should have prevented him from purchasing firearms.
Blame was earned by failing to report.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top