JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Judge Lori K. Smith issued her decision from the bench, according to Seattle attorney Steven Fogg, who represented the plaintiffs. She held that the city had not acted in bad faith, so a nominal penalty was assessed.

Dave, I think I know what you meant, but don't quite follow.... did you mean "had acted in bad faith", or "had not acted in good faith"... hence the levied penalty?

Great news about exposing the progressives' "policies" for the sham they really are! :s0155:

I'm merely quoting what the attorney explained. The judge said the city had not acted in bad faith, hence the NOMINAL penalty. It could have been many, many times that amount.
The city had an argument. The judge seemed to sympathize with it, even when finding against the city. I'm just the reporter. :rolleyes:

I'm merely quoting what the attorney explained. The judge said the city had not acted in bad faith, hence the NOMINAL penalty. It could have been many, many times that amount.
The city had an argument. The judge seemed to sympathize with it, even when finding against the city. I'm just the reporter. :rolleyes:

Sheesh.... lawyers in black robes, are still slippery lawyers underneath.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the clarification, Dave!

This is an interesting case. I'm still waiting for the city to release the aggregate tax revenue figure. That is an easy number to determine and I get the impression they're just taking their own sweet time.

Are there city ordnances or even state laws that require nasty repercussions for public tax paid officials who pull this sort of stuff? Sounds like now some folks inside Seattle city government are in contempt of court?

Fire them all. Prohibit any future tax paid employment for life. Brand a big something in their forehead. Shame them out of employment. At the least will nasty letters go into their personal file jackets? Will that hurt?

This kind of behavior needs to be severely punished by jail time. Make it a felony for tax paid public employees to do this sort of thing. How about making it worse for elected officials doing the same thing?

Or do we already have such laws?

Are there city ordnances or even state laws that require nasty repercussions for public tax paid officials who pull this sort of stuff? Sounds like now some folks inside Seattle city government are in contempt of court?

Fire them all. Prohibit any future tax paid employment for life. Brand a big something in their forehead. Shame them out of employment. At the least will nasty letters go into their personal file jackets? Will that hurt?

This kind of behavior needs to be severely punished by jail time. Make it a felony for tax paid public employees to do this sort of thing. How about making it worse for elected officials doing the same thing?

Or do we already have such laws?

You forget who WRITES the laws... the same Jackwagons who do not care about their states constitutions nor their citizens...:mad::mad::mad:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads