JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i just got a od green public defender poly for xmas and grabbed some hornday triple defense 410 rounds and some hornady cowboy 45lc rounds for it, just wondering if anyone has opinions about this setup or suggestions for holsters, ammo, or mods for the pistol. This will be my nightstand, truck gun, i will carry my G26 for any form of concealed carry.

A buddy of mine has a Judge. He keeps it near him at night with 0000 buck (4-ought buck). With the 410 3" shells, it's very similar to shooting five (5) .380's bullets with a single pull of the trigger.

Now, multiply that by 6 rounds that the Judge holds. You've got yourself 30 rounds of .380.

Paraklese Technologies LLC

For a nightstand or "truck gun" I don't think that's too bad. ;)

What loads for the truck gun? I'm not a big fan of 45LC in these, but a load with more legs than a shotshell would sure make sense. Any idea of the accuracy of 45LC in it?

My Judge Poly Public Defender stays in my nightstand with a tactical light and Winchester PDX1 3" .410 shells in it... 4 copper discs and 16 plated BBs. It should kick some butt if needed. Sure makes a mess out of a watermelon!!!

With .410, it's strictly a short range weapon. Using birdshot, it's only good for snakes etc and then only at short range too... not sure I wanna get that close to a rattler. Shovel distance or a little farther. We have a Circuit Judge and I haven't patterned it at different distances because we never considered using it like a rabbit gun. It's in the office for my wife to use since operation is simple.

After shooting 45LC, be sure to clean the cylinder or you will have a hard time loading .410 shells. :)

Right now ive got it loaded with the hornady critical defense 410, they are 1-41 cal slug with 2- 35 cal bb's in the first 2 chambers then in the next 3 i have it loaded with 255gr 45lc

Yea im not a big sw fan, twice the price for the name. I was impressed with the poly protector that i bought so i bought this poly public defender. I dont think id buy a taurus semi auto though.

Right now ive got it loaded with the hornady critical defense 410, they are 1-41 cal slug with 2- 35 cal bb's in the first 2 chambers

Home or truck or both? Seems like the first 2 would be close-in loads and the next 3 for whatever the accuracy will provide. What do you think the range of these loads will be? Asking because I'd not be sure of the effective use as a truck gun.

I'd want at least 25yds in the wide open outdoors. Can you hit a plate with it at that range?

Its going to go back and forth with me to work and sit on the nightstand at night, im sure the effective range of the 410 will be 5 yards or so, not sure about accuracy yet, i havent fired it, i guess they are fairly accurate to about 15 yards or so, i got it more for the dual purpose aspect, i didnt expect it to be real great at any one thing.

Don't buy anything that is not copper jacketed or heavily plated. Otherwise you just get a bunch of saucers flying out of the barrel each time that go everywhere.

Its going to go back and forth with me to work and sit on the nightstand at night, im sure the effective range of the 410 will be 5 yards or so, not sure about accuracy yet, i havent fired it, i guess they are fairly accurate to about 15 yards or so, i got it more for the dual purpose aspect, i didnt expect it to be real great at any one thing.
You'll be surprised how well the 410 work. Plus you won't shoot thru your house or your neighbors with them. If a few 410 doesn't stop 2 or 4 legged predators, the 45 colt will poke a hole.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top