JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know the mechanism but she has clearly violated her oath and what she said in her appointment hearing, that she will abide by the precedent of the Supreme Court. She has ignored the very clear precident and directives in the Bruen ruling, and instead let her own personal anti-gun views determine the ruling. She said she would not do this when appointed.
It sounds like you could file a claim with the federal judicial fitness commission, I think.

How exactly do you throw a lifetime appointed federal judge off the bench
Charged her with a crime, those lifetime appointments don't matter if you've been charged with a crime just like they're trying to do with Trump. Charge him with a crime so he can't run for president. That's been the whole point behind the January 6 dog and pony show the whole time.

Yes 5 county's pulled the vote. But and a big BUT only 51% of the voters in the other county's voted. If the other 49% would have voted we would not have 114 or Kotek. There's just to many voters in the 5 county's and not enough that want to vote in the rest. So thanks to the lazy (or don't care) we are where we are.The ones on the East Side that cry about wanting to be in Idaho they still have to vote to get what they want. That's not going to happen if they don't change. So the only thing we can really complain about is don't vote YOU LOSE!
Before the election, I heard over and over again that the process is rigged, so it doesn't matter if we vote or not. It's a fine line we walk when the topic is election transparency, ballot irregularities, and outright fraud.

Before the election, I heard over and over again that the process is rigged, so it doesn't matter if we vote or not. It's a fine line we walk when the topic is election transparency, ballot irregularities, and outright fraud.
I wonder how many potential no on M114 votes sat out the election because they believed the elections are rigged and their votes don't matter.

Does anyone know if sportsman's wearhouse is handing out magazines for already purchased guns (but stuck in background check queu)? If not does anyone have a number to their regional manager in Oregon I can call?

I spoke with a salesperson at the gun counter but predictably they know nothing (not bashing them, I realize they are just doing their jobs). It seems crazy to me they wouldn't hand out the magazines while they wait for background checks to clear.
Lol.....what happens when a BGC gets denied or doesn't clear? Then the store is stuck with a handgun with no magazines? No thank you.

Just go order some spares if you are that worried about it.

-E-

You already paid for firearm? Don't expect a refund if you received the mags. Not much risk for Sportsman's
Still sounds like a huge PITA for Sportsman's (or any shop) to manage.

I get the frustration. I really do. I have a CMP 1911 order that is sitting in purgatory and I may lose my spot entirely at the CMP if it doesn't resolve soon. However, the situation is what it currently is. Making additional demands on FFL's isn't going to resolve the matter.

-E-

Last Edited:
During yesterdays hearing, I thought I heard the judge mention the Bruen decision, and Kavanaugh's opinion that states can require a permit for carry. Am I imagining it? Did anyone else hear that?

I wonder how many potential no on M114 votes sat out the election because they believed the elections are rigged and their votes don't matter.
Although according to Fox, even though Oregon has among the best voter turnout we need to do better, especially among the rural counties.

In this election Oregon had a 66.9% turnout.

Measure 114 results:

Yes: 975,862
No: 950,891

Pro Second Amendment voters lost by 24,971 votes.

We've got to do better,...

Last Edited:
Although according to Fox, even though Oregon has among the best voter turnout we need to do better, especially among the rural counties.

In this election Oregon had a 66.9% turnout.

Measure 114 results:

Yes: 975,862
No: 950,891

Pro Second Amendment voters lost by 24,971 votes.

We've got to do better,...
I wasn't aware until just before the election, but county Republican headquarters may have voter rolls and voting history available that we can use. If we could organize phone calls and post card campaigns, it might make a difference in reaching out to those that would not normally vote. This could be one component of a battle plan, IF we can get people to volunteer their time and money. Just need to know how to organize and when to mobilize.

None, because they aren't enrolled without proof of citizenship and despite a bunch of fearmongering on the issue absolutely no one has ever proved otherwise
According to the law you are correct.

But: https://www.newswars.com/non-citizen-registered-to-vote-in-oregon-sent-five-ballots-by-mail/

Apparently it has happened. (So, it is not all that far fetched as the tone and tenor of your post seems to indicate.)

And it's not as though allowing non-citizens to vote has not been proposed. (It 100% factually has.)

Multnomah County, Oregon, Measure 26-231, Authorize Noncitizens to Vote in County Elections Amendment (November 2022)

Multnomah County Measure 26-231 was on the ballot as a referral in Multnomah County on November 8, 2022. It was defeated.

Fearmongering
, or scaremongering, is a form of manipulation that causes fear by using exaggerated rumors of impending danger.

It is not "Fearmongering" (as in "Exaggerated") when a given measure has reached the point of being put on a ballot. Moreover, it is not "Rumor" when it is put on the ballot.

Multnomah County Measure 26-231
ResultVotesPercentage
Yes164,78147.29%
No.png No183,66152.71%

Was it "Fearmongering" when Oregon sought to allow non-citizens to get a Oregon Driver's License was voted down by voters yet our super-majority of Democrats in the Oregon Legislature enacted it anyway?

Now Oregon WILL ALLOW non-citizens to obtain an Oregon Driver's License.

https://www.oregon.gov/odot/DMV/driverlicenseforall/Pages/English.aspx

Quote from the opening statement from Oregon.gov : Even if you do not have documentation, you can now get a driver's license in Oregon. Starting Jan. 1, 2021, people in Oregon are no longer required to provide proof of legal presence or citizenship to get a driver's license. You do not need a Social Security number or a United States birth certificate.

Perhaps you do not follow Oregon Politics closely enough to be clued in on what has, and is, actually happening. :(

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads