JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Shame she didn't have a shotgun or some other protection. In these times of budget cuts - carefully picked to punish the voters the most - we need to be able to protect ourselves and not rely on Government agencies.

“Uh, I don’t have anybody to send out there,” the 911 dispatcher told the woman. “You know, obviously, if he comes inside the residence and assaults you, can you ask him to go away? Do you know if he’s intoxicated or anything?”

Police say Bellah choked the woman and sexually assaulted her. He was arrested by Oregon State Police following the incident.

“There isn’t a day that goes by that we don’t have another victim,” Josephine County Sheriff Gil Gilberson told Oregon Public Radio. “If you don’t pay the bill, you don’t get the service.”

911 Dispatcher Tells Woman About To Be Sexually Assaulted There Are No Cops To Help Her Due To Budget Cuts « CBS Seattle

Then why do we need them if they aren't there when you need them - time to get rid of the bunch.

Maybe the stastement to the 911 dispatcher should have been "thats ok please send the coroner by when he is available there will be a body for him to pick up" bet she would have gotten a LEO then even if they were coming for her.

James Ruby

The sheriff’s department even put out a press release warning domestic violence victims to “consider relocating to an area with adequate law enforcement services.”

Or a cheaper and more affective option would be to suggest they purchase a firearm for protection and learn to use it...

exactly why my girlfriend wants to buy 2 shotguns when we move into our new house in a couple weeks. hell, that wasnt even my idea :eek:

Puhleeze tell her to NOT go out on the balcony and fire two shots to scare away home invaders....

New attention to old rape case underscores need for guns

Over the past 48 hours, National Public Radio, India Today and Opposing Views have zeroed in on a months-old southwest Oregon rape case that underscores the need for gun ownership where police are few and far between due to budget cuts.

<broken link removed>

ive already made it a point to explain it multiple times, that if she pulls a weapon on a person the only shots she takes need to have the intention to kill. she asked if warning shots would be okay, of course i told her "yes, fire warning shots into the person threatening you and everyone else will know you mean business". :s0155: i also explained its a crime to fire actual warning shots.

she has threaten to remove something important if i decide to do anything that she find inappropriate for a boyfriend to do. i think i would prefer the 00 buck. yes, i was excited about not having to pay for a new range toy though.

"There isn't a day that goes by that we don't have another victim," Josephine County Sheriff Gil Gilberson told Oregon Public Radio. "If you don't pay the bill, you don't get the service."

"The sheriff's department had to cut 23 deputies and the entire major crimes unit after it lost a multi-million dollar federal subsidy, according to Oregon Public Radio. There are now only six deputies left."

So the Sheriff blames the county for his loss of a federal subsidy? Did he put forth a levy/bond for them to vote on and it lose?

sounds like they may need to look into volunteer deputes. having the 911 dispatcher saying im sorry for the inconvenience is unexceptionable though. there are ways to have someone patrol when you dont have money to hire deputes, especially for cases like this.

In Tillamook County 911 deems what the Police respond to. If they deem your complaint is not one to respond to they ask if you want to sign a complaint. If not SORRY CLICK! So your on your own here. I told the wife if your confronted use the pepper spray if you have time if not use the your 380 and don't stop pulling the trigger until he's on the ground! If she is home she has her 380 or an 18 inch 12 gauge. First two double 00 buck next three slugs. I'm sick and tired of a woman having to be worried about some idiot wanting to harm them!

ive already made it a point to explain it multiple times, that if she pulls a weapon on a person the only shots she takes need to have the intention to kill. she asked if warning shots would be okay, of course i told her "yes, fire warning shots into the person threatening you and everyone else will know you mean business". :s0155: i also explained its a crime to fire actual warning shots.

You DO NOT shoot to kill, you shoot to stop the attack. If the person dies, that's OK.

At least shotshells are still available at most stores.

If in a position where I had to shoot, I'd try to shoot in a non-lethal area like their right leg. The only problem is that everything I have shoots two feet high and six inches to my left.

You DO NOT shoot to kill, you shoot to stop the attack. If the person dies, that's OK.

i realize the reason you say that but something my grampa always told me about guns; "when you feel the need to aim your gun at another person, it should only be because he makes you feel like you will die if you dont and when you shoot, make sure you kill him before he has a chance to kill you.". now if that means im pushing a grey area in the law, so be it. (hypothetically) in the end i stopped a guy from killing me during his attack by killing him. i have heard of very few cases where a person shot to wound and not to kill, where they did not get successfully sued. i have never heard of someone going to jail for intentionally killing a person in a self defense situation where lethal force was justified.

maybe its just his old timer philosophy and its not the way it works but it makes a lot of sense to me.

If in a position where I had to shoot, I'd try to shoot in a non-lethal area like their right leg. The only problem is that everything I have shoots two feet high and six inches to my left.

Dead criminals can't file civil suits.

i realize the reason you say that but something my grampa always told me about guns; "when you feel the need to aim your gun at another person, it should only be because he makes you feel like you will die if you dont and when you shoot, make sure you kill him before he has a chance to kill you.". now if that means im pushing a grey area in the law, so be it. (hypothetically) in the end i stopped a guy from killing me during his attack by killing him. i have heard of very few cases where a person shot to wound and not to kill, where they did not get successfully sued. i have never heard of someone going to jail for intentionally killing a person in a self defense situation where lethal force was justified.

maybe its just his old timer philosophy and its not the way it works but it makes a lot of sense to me.

I think the way your grandpa phrased his philosophy is fine. In court I would suggest you use deen_ad's phrase: I shot to stop the threat.

She did it wrong... you don't call 9-1-1 when you are in immediate danger.
You do this!

Dial1911_zpsfeebff01.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top