Jones Creek/SW Washington Shooting

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by DeGarmo, Feb 16, 2016.

1. DeGarmo

DeGarmo
    Vancouver, WA

I know that the trails are closed during the winter, but are we still able to shoot in the area? I was in the area and saw a big red CLOSED sign.
    If we can't shoot there right now, what are some other good areas to shoot at?

Thanks!

2. Cogs

Cogs
    Washougal, WA.
    Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

DeGarmo,

Here's one place. Fair size pit (biggest on Larch Mtn). Real popular. We're doing a clean up here this month. Not too far from Jones Creek. Map link included... https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...eb-27th-2016-yacolt-burn-state-forest.213092/

Another area down in the South end... paste this to google maps... GPS 45.664090, -122.251397

Hope that helps. Come join us for a great time on the 27th!

Cogs

3. DeGarmo

DeGarmo
    Vancouver, WA

Is the pit on Larch the one that kind of looks like it was dug out and is about a mile up the road from the 4 way intersection? I thought that was closed off. I used to go there all the time until they put up all the large boulders in the way and all the sings disallowing it.
    If I can, I'll take the day off and be up there, thanks.

Cogs likes this.
  4. Cogs

Cogs
    Washougal, WA.
    Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

Yep. That be the one. L1500, just off the L1000. Close to the Corrections Facility (so don't aim over the berm!).

Folks still shoot there. I talk with Law Enforcement last week and he said it's still okay.