Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Joke or Real

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Black Dog, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Black Dog

Black Dog Eagle Creek Or Active Member

Subject: From Attorney General Eric Holder

We are giving you notice of service of writ of summons after seven days of receiving this letter by mail. If after the seven days and you are not able to obtain the Certificate from their government through the new (EFCC) chairman Mr Ibrahim Lamorde or their government to clear yourself before the FBI as reported to this offices by Nigeria Economic and Financial Crime Commission (Efcc), Legal action will begin immediately.

Yours faithfully,
    Attorney General Eric Holder

Anybody have a clue of what this would be. Don't have a letter yet. But on DAY 6 I'll be loading them up for real?

2. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

you're screwed.

3. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

LOL. These emails crack me up. I once had a lengthy back and forth with someone whom sent me a Nigerian scam email.

I still wonder if the Vancouver Police East Precinct got my check from Nigeria. If they did, the bastards kept it for themselves.

4. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

I also love the word filter here. Bubblegums ? HA :laugh:

5. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

If the NSA's total information awareness email copying program would do one good thing while is spies on all of us, it would be to delete any email with Nigeria in it.

6. Kelzebubba

Kelzebubba Fort Worth, TX/USA Public Outhouse Active Member

Court summons are never sent via email. Also Eric Holder's name is spelled incorrectly in the email address itself. I would reply and say "Oh Noes!" and see act really scared in the email.

Roger65 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

419baiter.com

8. Black Dog

Not to worried about it. Just thought I would throw it out there for some fun.

9. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Did you notice one thing? "by mail"? I would wait until a process server hands you something...even snail mail does not work for a legal summons.

10. nwdrifter

nwdrifter troutdale oregon Active Member

any email with the word Nigeria in it goes straight to the trash

11. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Seriously, if you think this is a real email you need to learn some life skills.m

I have a spam folder full of urgent emails from the IRS, FedEx, UPS, my bank, the Feds and various other agencies, and they are all scams.

12. Black Dog

13. DMcGPNW

DMcGPNW SW WA Member

14. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I'd be tempted to have some fun and reply. If they are claiming to be the US AG, you should be able to claim to be anything you want.

Perhaps the Dalai Lama.

15. Black Dog

I'm always afraid to reply to things like that. It just might open up a BIG CAN of WORMS for my E-Mail with SPAM?

16. Kelzebubba

Heck my parents were called the other day by someone claiming to be calling from "WINDOWS" and that their PC was infected with some nasty viruses. To help them clean this up they should go to a website... Bless their souls, they at least knew enough not to comply, but they gave them my phone number instead... Then I got a call from them saying my PC was infected, I led the guy on for about an hours before I asked "What is Windows?" the guy told me it was an operating system and I said "You mean like Ubuntu Linux?" He replied with what is that, which is when I replied it is an operating system, that isn't made by Microsoft or Apple, works quite well for me, so since I don't have windows, I guess we don't need to do this. He said something hateful as I hung up on him. It was rather fun. Waiting for the call back.

17. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Maybe the return call was sent to /dev/null. :laugh:

It's where I would have routed that call after explaining the virtues of running a platform that allows me to properly secure it as I see fit.

Then again you could have drug out that conversation. "Windows? You mean the X Window System?"

18. Kelzebubba

Well I did recently get new windows installed in my house, I should have asked them if it was a SARS virus and start freaking out.