JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not a fan of the NRA. They are strictly P4P.
That's not ok. If they really were interested in something besides money they'd focus on Constitutional Carry. Instead they keep trying to sabotage it.
Then there are the comments they've made about open carriers.
They lost a lot of members over that. I guess it didn't occur to them that OC'ers would be members.

Don't know why NRA membership has become so unpopular, but 5million members with over 100million gun owners is shameful!

Own a gun? Love your right to own it? JOIN THE NRA!

...and SAF, and OFF, and any other group.

But the NRA is the most important group because it gives them membership #s.

Want to make a difference?
Join the NRA (expect your membership packet in about 3 months)
Donate to the groups you hold closest to your heart (SAF, OFF, etc).
Tell the telemarketers to fly a kite.

Find out what NRA does and doesn't do.
NRA, ODFW, Cabelas, Leupold Stevens gifted matching funds to improve DRRC range facilities.
Drawing more folks to participate in shooting, archery.
Club's biggest continuing issue? Keeping the calendar open for club members.
Lots of requests to book private time on ranges

Unfortunately, some folks only look out for themselves.
Imbalanced, dis-eased, nearsighted, immature, selfish, hubris.
What's in it for me, me, me?

NRA, ODFW, Cabelas, Leupold Stevens gifted matching funds to improve DRRC range facilities.

I'm more ready to stand for my beliefs than the NRA leadership; When Wayne the Frenchman La Pierre shouted out on AM radio that He was far better to represent the will of Americans because he had been in "DC for 30 Years" (a decade ago) I knew I had been sold out. He'd been in DC as long as Al Gore, heck I thing they swapped blue suits and red ties.
You have chosen your side hoping to preserve the BORs; I salute you for your dedication.
I hope the Constitution wins-out and we can both spend time with the young-uns

At one time I had 3 memberships W/the NRA, then they sold-out Class III for Concealed Carrry
I send money to SAF and there is no paper trail to follow, join the NRA and you have just registered yourself w/Obama

You did that when you posted anything here !

This is how the NRA represents?

"The National Rifle Association sees no reason to participate in a public relations spectacle organized by the White House"
NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam

This is for the town hall featuring Obama.

For those who own guns but don't join the NRA because it doesn't do enough (in their opinion), consider this: There are around 90 million gun owners in this country but only about 5 million NRA members. Think about how much stronger the NRA would be if it had 80, 40 or even 20 million members. Consider how much more could be done to increase NRA firearms training programs, the Eddie Eagle program, the Refuse to be a Victim program, and so on. Increasing the number of members to increase the political clout of the NRA should be reason enough, in my opinion. Join now, even if you don't think it is perfect. Dues go up on March 1, by the way, so if you have been thinking about joining now would be a good time.

Not really knowing much about Eric Raymond, but having heard his name bantered about in recent years, I did a little search. Quite an interesting background. A Massachusetts escapee, college drop out, who is a computer genius... been a few of them. Except this guy loves and vehemently supports his 2AR's. That must drive his peer group bonkers :D.

I upgraded to Life Member in December... and have a nice NRA backpack to prove it.

Think about how much stronger the NRA would be if it had 80, 40 or even 20 million members.

just think about how many more members they would have if they went to bat for the states that have already lost their rights in the past 2 years:rolleyes:
seriously their campaign is not inspiring anyone is it?

if they let "a handful" of bought & paid for, liberal democrats in individual states trample our rights without a fight..like they are doing!!....then shortly you have no more gun owners or nra to worry about

I donated again to fight the bloomberg machine ....but this time without expectations...so I wont be disappointed like last year

As to Oregon, Im in a hold pattern & poised to move

I give to the NRA as previously mentioned but they better give a showing this year. I feel in my opinion they left us out to dry last year along with those in Oregon. I give because I know nationally there is need, but we need them locally because we have nothing here to fight for us.
I know we have a majority dems here, that to me only means we fight smarter and harder not the same ole crap and act surprised when it fails. Nothing is Oregons fight the last few years was any different and i think that is where we screwed up thinking same ole same ole would save us like it had.

I stopped supporting them after the universal background check laws passed. The NRA did almost nothing to put up a fight to that. In oregon or washington.

Unless they start actual protecting out rights I will not support them. They are just another group of fat cats with a cause they can cash in on.
Then send you these fear mongering emails twice a day threatening sweeping gun laws unless you donate all you can.
Then the laws pass anyway.

Do the work, make a change, win for our rights and I will support you.
Don't beg for my hard earned money then throw pocket change at a fight like that.

Too bad so many people will band together and support Bloomberg.
From this thread it looks like they just might win out.

I'm a member of both NRA and OFF. I figure it's the least I can do. I go to pro-2A rallies and donate $$$ to pro-gun politicians when I can, and try to do my best to portray myself to my fence-sitting co-workers and associates as someone who does not fit their stereotype of an armed citizen who believes in the Constitution and doesn't fall for Barry's bvllshyte.

Too bad so many people will band together and support Bloomberg.
From this thread it looks like they just might win out.

I don't think its that bad... pro gun folks abandoning the NRA. I do agree that they have seemed a bit absent from the recent WA and OR actions on back ground checks and I know it ruffled feathers a bit.

You are correct however that the anti's are successful at rallying folks and collecting ammo (money). So even if the NRA's actions (or inactions) aren't everything we might want them to be, they are without any doubt our best chance at protecting 2AR's.

My comment about their inconsistent membership dues and "special offers" stands... sure hope the rest of the organization runs more consistent :D.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top