JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The biggest benefit is that you'll join your voice with that of 5,000,000 other members to help exert pressure at a very high level to help protect our 2nd amendment rights. That, and you'll get a magazine ;)

The NRA is the biggest pro 2nd Amendment organization we have, they have the loudest pro firearm voice in DC.

I firmly believe every gun owner should belong to the NRA, I have even paid for the first year membership of a couple of friends to get them started.

There are other benefits such as no cost firearm insurance, up to a certain amount, discounts for many types of ins. and other items, and
I look forward to their magazine every month...always good reading.

Go to their web page to see what it's all about. If you look around on firearm related web sites you can find discounted membership fees starting at $25. with a free range bag for signing up.

Just be sure to join! And remember, we would not be enjoying our 2nd Amendment rights to this degree without them.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Just be sure to join! And remember, we would not be enjoying our 2nd Amendment rights to this degree without them.
Part of the 1934 federal gun laws was a limit of 10 rd magazines, the NRA got it removed so today you ARE enjoying their presence.
Plus 8 Presidents have been NRA members.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I watch Shooting USA on the Outdoor Channel! They advertise that they will pay the first ten dollars for new joiner. Might want to check them out.

PS: The libs are always snarling at the NRA! That alone makes membership worthwhile!

Last Edited:
Unless you want Bloomberg bringing NY style gun control to Oregon, I suggest you join up.

The NRA does advertise a lot of benefits for your membership fee, but I personally joined for one reason: to exert some heavy pro-2A pressure on state and federal lawmakers.

In addition to what has been stated already, the NRA will inform you of threats to gun rights locally and nationally. The price per year is such a small sacrifice to support and be counted amoung the strongest force working to preserve the second amendment.

So long as you can ignore/deal with the constant barrage for more funding, then sign up, at least you are contributing and helping out where it's needed.

So long as you can ignore/deal with the constant barrage for more funding, then sign up, at least you are contributing and helping out where it's needed.

all you have to do is to op out the calls and mail stop but some people are to lazy to make a call but would rather complain on the net.

From my point of view, all the solicitations are a small price to pay, after all, they carry the biggest stick in DC.
And the NRA isn't alone, every pro gun organization I belong to have their hands out for contributions.

All in all, I think the NRA gives more bang for the buck. I doubt if they could be half as effective on membership fees alone.

Please be sure to donate to NRA-ILA too. This is separate from the NRA itself and is the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action - they are the ones that fight bad legislation and so forth. Regular dues don't go towards this effort, apparently due to tax laws/regulations/whatever. BTW, the NRA Roundup program at MidwayUSA donates to NRA-ILA. I'm pretty sure there are other firearms businesses who do the same.

Thanks for supporting the 2nd amendment and welcome to NWFA!

The Anti gunners are always calling the NRA a special interest group they are wrong the 5,000.000 members is the voice of American People.

Where would we be without them? Not here cause this board would not exist cause none of you would own a firearm.

If you don't want to sign up at least donate you don't need to send them your name send them a money order. Join the battle cause thats what it is.

Preaching to the choir won't help and if your too busy to get off your butt and protest or write letters to your politicians at least support the NRA cause they support you as a gun owner weather you support them or not.

I opted for electronic messages and told them when i signed up i did not want solicitation and they complied.

wouldn't it be great if all gun owners were NRA members . then we could finally shut the anti gunners up once and for all when they finally see the real numbers.

Last Edited:
Don't stop there. In addition to the NRA, consider the Second Amendment Foundation and/or Washington's equivalent to Oregon Firearms Foundation.

I almost forgot. Also join the Gun Owners of America.

Just google up and check out what ALL of these organizations do and have done for the 2A.

I joined OFF earlier this year and have been an NRA member for years. They're not perfect and some times the NRA frustrates me with solicitation, but all in all I'm glad they are there for me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top