JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody else shoot here? I went with a friend who was a member for the first time last night. It seems much more lax than the PTSC and is open better hours. I work in sellwood so I can hit it up on my way home after work any day of the week. I am a begining pistol shooter. I don't know any techniques but I love to go shoot. Just seeing if anybody wants to meet up there. I will hopefully get my membership next week when I give them a call.

P.S. One thing I did notice was that there was NO northwestfirearms.com advertising on their board, maybe a current member can put something up before I get my membership.

I used to be a member here and I was thinking about joining again. Is it still open air with screens dividing the lanes? It's right by my house and I love the idea of being able to go nearly whenever I want to (within reason).
It used to be a bare bones type of shooting place, wondered if it's changed at all.

Hi,
My name is jeff and i'm one of the NRA Instrutors there and I'm at the range often and my cards are down there and I would like to help
thanks
jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
My name is jeff and i'm one of the NRA Instrutors there and I'm at the range often and my cards are down there and I would like to help
thanks
jeff

I see you volunteer with PFTT,i did for a while also while Lee was running the group,had a lot of fun,but time was stretched too thin to continue.
Was sad to hear about Jeff passing,good guy,use to shoot with him alot at DRRC.

I just renewed my membership. I don't think it's changed much in the last 5-6 years. They did change the card lock system recently. I love shooting there. Very relaxed.

the dues are for a year at a time new members are 30.00 plus 120.00 a year
so it really 10.00 a month and you can go to the web site for johnson creek
a link to them is on my web site
thanks
jeff

That seems to be a good % of gun owners, at least the boomers from all the wars, That Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino" basically shows off the small amount of prejudice stuff I had to go through living in California and Oregon. Today there was a lot of females young and old shooting sigs and glocks, a lot of fun. I still wonder why guys go in there with there 10/22 looking through huge scopes to just shoot down the lane, but to each their own. Sorry you feel that way, you probably want to stay away from "The Gun Room"

I have only been there once. Unfortunately it seemed that my friends and I showed up on "Racist, Obnoxious, Unsafe Bubba Night" and none of us ever went back.

I have never witnessed anything even remotely close to that. I have been there with no one else and other times I had to wait for a lane. Never had anyone make me uncomfortable.

I'd think about becoming a member there, but I have odd hours and would really like to have a place to shoot later even if it was suppressed only. I'm a member out at Tri-county, but it's a bit of a trip just for a little trigger time.

8am-8pm Card Key Access is available, you can shoot until 10pm, I've stood outside when my buddy was shooting a .357 mag and its barely noticable. Besides one of the guys live next door and the neighbor to the right is a member.

It sounds like a great place, but I have two comments and a question:
Comment 1) Contrary to their elusive comment, it is not the "Only" full NRA range of course; not that NRA should get 'much' praise currently.
Comment 2) If what happened to him showed it's ugly head, I too would not return. Bubba aint right in the head, and definatly not worth my time.

I have only been there once. Unfortunately it seemed that my friends and I showed up on "Racist, Obnoxious, Unsafe Bubba Night" and none of us ever went back.

On to the question: it says "Any Handgun" and later says "no Magnum Ammo" so I suppose my .454 wouldn't be welcome anyway? What about a .45 Super?

I was a member for about 15yrs let my membership drop this year.
yes i've seem alot of stupid people doing stupid stuff in there.
lead build up causes bullets to fly back at you (just check the floor the next time your there)
way to many times of trying to shoot on a weekend only to find a group has the range never could get them to send out a calander so you could plan around them.
guys in there shooting shotguns,fullauto or with the targets 6ft in front of them.

used to shoot there 3-4 times a month now i will let you guys have it.

Twodogs

Bummer, I always take a picture with my camera phone of the calender they have with all the events happening, so I've yet to run into them when psst or ost is happening. I've yet to see a person shoot a shotgun there but many desert eagles and .45LC.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top