JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is probably my favorite pistol range in Portland. I rated it a five, but you have to understand that it is what it is. The membership fees are probably the cheapest you'll find and the facilities do reflect this, but all the necessities are there. One of my favorite things about it is there's no full time staff and you're given a key card to open the door. I'd say three fourths of the time I went my girlfriend and I were the only ones there. You come in, turn on the lights, turn on the ventilation system, shoot, clean up your brass and any other mess you may have made, turn the lights and ventilation system off, and leave. The times I have seen others there they were always very polite and courteous. I would recommend this range.

I am interested in joining a gun club and/or shooting range so I looked at the application for Johnson Creek. Do they really expect you to provide all of the information requested on the membership application?!

I can understand wanting to screen applicants but that form is too invasive. For example, I'm personally not at all interested in giving out my employers information or that of "3 adult persons" and particularly not after having already provided my CHL information...
:confused:

Give them a call, they'll probably work with you. Went here last night with Frizzz and had a great time.

I have lived a few miles away for over 20 years, and have called them a few times over that period to inquire about the range. I never was able to reach anyone. Glad to see they have a website now. The yearly fees seem reasonable.

I think I'm with emanon on this one however. The membership form looks like a job application, and I don't feel comfortable being required to join a political organization (NRA) just to shoot my gun at some paper targets. Doesn't look like they allow larger rifles, shotguns or magnum loads in handguns either. I will keep looking for something else.

Been a member here for about a year now. Targets, clothing, magazines, mugs, and even gun cases. Very cool place which relies on the honor system. Anybody wanna go shootin?

Been a member here for about a year now. Targets, clothing, magazines, mugs, and even gun cases. Very cool place which relies on the honor system. Anybody wanna go shootin?

I Do I Do!!!

I am joining the JCGC when I get the funds. I went there with a friend who is a member and while it was a little bare, it met all my needs and I liked that it was usually empty and you can bring your own reloads so long as they are not magnums.

I discontinued my membership several years ago due to encounters with other shooters who were very unsafe. I was "swept" on more than one occasion by others who were trying to figure out malfunctions. Joined Douglas Ridge and have been happy ever since.

I have been a member there for about 3 months and go shooting about 4-5 times a month.
The other shooters have always been polite and the dues are great. It is also very close to my house so I can get there, fire a box or two and be home inside an hour and 15 if I am by myself.

Member for A few years now. They just put new lane rails on the target returns last year. (thank you!)

I love the Keycard access, 8 am to 8 pm, and being able to bring up to 2 friends with me. Decent ventilation as long as you don't forget to turn the timers back on during a long range trip. No In-house overpriced ammo to buy either, Bring your own.

No BP, No Magnums, No Hypervelocity rounds. The place is literally in between residences, So the limitations are understandable.

Member for A few years now. They just put new lane rails on the target returns last year. (thank you!)

I love the Keycard access, 8 am to 8 pm, and being able to bring up to 2 friends with me. Decent ventilation as long as you don't forget to turn the timers back on during a long range trip. No In-house overpriced ammo to buy either, Bring your own.

No BP, No Magnums, No Hypervelocity rounds. The place is literally in between residences, So the limitations are understandable.
Are you sure it is two friends. I talked to them on the phone today and they told me one guest period. Even if you just use one lane. That is pretty much going to be a deal killer for me I think because I lose the ability to take a friend and my son together.

Was Two when I Joined, the Website still says 2 guests as of right now, and I've had 2 with me many times. Usually my eldest Daughter and my Wife.

My old man actually maintains his membership separately from mine in case we have relatives in town and need more than two.

I'll have to check again however apparently, they did have a change in ownership, but the folks running the show do frequent this board some days as well. Perhaps we'll get lucky and they'll clear up any confusion for us.

Was Two when I Joined, the Website still says 2 guests as of right now, and I've had 2 with me many times. Usually my eldest Daughter and my Wife.

My old man actually maintains his membership separately from mine in case we have relatives in town and need more than two.

I'll have to check again however apparently, they did have a change in ownership, but the folks running the show do frequent this board some days as well. Perhaps we'll get lucky and they'll clear up any confusion for us.
The woman I spoke to today clearly said I cannot bring two. I was surprised because, like you say, the website says two. It is a shame too. I really was on the fence about joining since it is a bit of a drive for me, but I had just about convinced myself to join. Not being able to take a second person on the rare occasion makes it unlikely.

The rule is that you can bring one guest. We changed the rule and the website is being redone at this time. The way it works now is that when you join, you get a family membership, so to speak. Your membership includes your spouse automatically as well as any children living in your residence. Then, you can bring a friend in addition. This makes better sense for the club.

As far as the website, we are redoing it and I know it can be confusing. It also needs to have the NRA membership requirement removed. We have just been busy with the new soundproofing construction going on.

Thanks,
Jill

See, Toldjaso, they do watch the board. :D

Thanks for the clarification, Jill!

If it was simply "one guest" I'd be unable to palate that as my father and I already maintain 2 memberships to squeeze visiting family in along with my wife and or Eldest.

Can I get another Keycard for the Missus to take her friend out without me? It's fun, but they're new enough to get a bit self-conscious when I'm looming around behind them. ;)

I joined yesterday after a tour. Once they explained my son will not count as a guest I was okay with the new policy. Although I would still rather be able to take two guests for those days when we have friends in town and I was leaving my son at home or he was in school.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top