JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone,

I thought I would take this time to let everyone know that the changes for the club are still coming. Ever since we have taken over the club last year, we have tried to listen to the members to make it a better place for everyone.

One of the changes is that you do not have to be a member of the NRA to join. I feel this is a political decision everyone should make on their own. We will continue to offer memberships, but they are not required for membership.

Another change is that as of December 31st 2011, there will be no more security classes at the club. I want the members to have access to the club and it just seemed too crowded with the classes in there. We tried to make it work, but we couldn't.

There are many more big changes to come to make the club better for the members. We are real excited to bring these changes for the members and we hope you are too. Please continue to let us know your comments as they are invaluable to us!

Thanks,
Jill Bradley

Thanks for the update.

I'm still just giddy that I don't need to restring 2 of the lanes when I get there, great work on rehabilitating the target return systems. Haven't had to fiddle with them since!

Is there an electronic newsletter for members yet? (or am I blind and clueless? )

I did not know the club was under new ownership. I have only been there a couple times years ago and I was not at all impressed with the way things were run. There were multiple unsafe behaviors that seemed to be tolerated because of the "good ol' boy" mentality of management and the atmosphere was somewhat unfriendly to anyone that was not a long time member. In fact all three people I went with were really put off and said they would never go back to "bubba'ville ranges" ever again. Might have to check it out again.

Still no range officers, but I've never seen the line behave in an unsafe manner, people follow cease fires when someone goes out to sweep the brass. I'd add they do that when one of the lanes jumps the track, but they've fixed the target returns, moot point. Still hand crank though. Exercise is good for you :D

They've added video cameras to catch shenanigans, I do appreciate that.

They've been doing more maintenance in the last year, didn't know about the new owners either till reading this post. ( I admit to being singleminded when my old man or my wife and I come through to shoot, might have walked right past any notice about it)

I do tend to hit the slow times though, I've had a lot of luck getting the range to myself for a half hour at a stretch before people start filling the lanes again. :D

Edit-
I'd add that being anywhere when you're new can feel unfriendly, especially when everyone is armed to the teeth. I'm one of the least sociable people you'll meet. For years I shot mostly up past Zig Zag before the wife begged me to cut the drive out of the hobby.

Maybe I've had good luck, maybe it's the Top-break I carry performing as an Icebreaker gun. ;) Of course some people just want peace and quiet while they shoot, and you have to respect that, but maybe after a few months, some fellow will wave you over and offer you his Suppressed pistol and ask you if you'd like to try it.

I love it there! ive got nothing but good to say about the club. For the price they charge its a steal and ping pong to boot! My only complaint is some of the rule breakers drive me apepoop. like the other day im there and a bonehead comes in with a very nice lady who he is gonna teach to shoot. He sets up the target 5 feet from the line and I politely tell him that theres a rule that the target must be all the way to the backstop. He says hes never heard of such a rule and I point to the 2 LARGE signs on both ends of the range stating otherwise. He ignores me and continues to try to impress his lady friend. soon theres bullets flying everywhere. next thing ya know, another gentleman comes in, sees these folks with their target close and decides hes gonna do the same. Now Im seeing bullets hit the floor from both sides of me so Im the heck outta there.

Any ideas on how to handle this situation? I could just leave but thats just not fair to me or anybody else that happens to be there.

I heard a rumor that they might be building lane dividers so that you can legally move the targets a bit closer. any truth to that?

Good job Jim!!! love the place, Ill always recommend it.

I am sorry to hear about your experience and yes, we are designing a bench to go all the way across with dividers on the top. These are in the works, but we have a couple other remodel items that have to be done first. We really want to make the club an excellent experience for everyone and we are working hard to get them all done. Please let me know if there are other comments or concerns, because they are appreciated!

Thanks,
Jill

I've been too busy for the past several months to make it down but have always enjoyed using the facility.

Thanks for not requiring NRA membership any longer. I'm sick of the state of politics in this country and view the NRA as nothing more than a fund raising entity. It just ain't the NRA of my youth anymore.

Cool, I can't wait to see it. I am in my first year of membership now, and I gotta say I love it. Any remodel efforts are just icing on the cake in my eyes. Thanks Jill!

That will be nice!

I've been a member for 5 or 6 years now and have enjoyed the facility. I live in Happy Valley so it's handy, just over the hill form my house.

No, there is not an electronic newsletter as of yet. We have only the bare bones on our website right now, because we are working on a new one. With the renewals now, we are asking for email addresses so that we can do something like this.

There are so many things we want to do, but only so many hours in a day. :cool:. We really are trying to prioritize the needs so they can all be met.

Also, it is not under new ownership, so to speak. Short version...my father and uncle (mom's brother) owned it for 20+ years and in April 2010, my father bought out my uncle. For the 20+ years, my uncle ran the club and now we are. Took awhile for us to figure it out, but we are on the right track, I think. :cool:.

We really want to make the club something special for the members. Without all of you, we couldn't have the club!

Thanks for all the support!
Jill

I have always been there as a guest as I spend very little time at home due to work. Last month well I was home I ended up buying my brother a membership and had a friend that joined as well. We went there a lot! Only once did we leave due to all lanes being used with people waiting. Had meet some great people and everyone was very safe there as well.

Keep up the good work!

Hey everyone,

I thought I would take this time to let everyone know that the changes for the club are still coming. Ever since we have taken over the club last year, we have tried to listen to the members to make it a better place for everyone.

Thanks,
Jill Bradley

How may I tour the club and join the club? By calling the club? Is there a limit on the membership?

Thanks!
David

Hi David,

To join the club, you call 503-771-5139 and leave a message. Messages are checked twice on business days. Someone will then call you to set up a time for you to tour the club to see if you are interested in becoming a member. I'm not sure what you are asking about when you mention a limit on the club. Please clarify and I will be more than happy to help you. Thanks for the interest!

Jill

Hi David,

To join the club, you call 503-771-5139 and leave a message. Messages are checked twice on business days. Someone will then call you to set up a time for you to tour the club to see if you are interested in becoming a member. I'm not sure what you are asking about when you mention a limit on the club. Please clarify and I will be more than happy to help you. Thanks for the interest!

Jill

Thanks! I called the number and left a message. By "limit on the membership" I was trying to ask if there is a cap/limit on the number of members your club would take (per year or total).

Hey David,

Glad to hear you want to be a member. Michelle should be calling you back today. As fas as the number of memberships, we haven't put a cap number on the memberships as of yet. We discussed it and since I removed the security training classes, we don't seem to have a problem. Hope this helps and enjoy your tour of the club!

Thanks,
Jill

Been a member for about 6 months now and have never had to wait for a lane, restring the runner, or witnessed any unsafe behavior. Only problem I have had is that I'll get to talking with the guy/gal next to me about what they are shooting or answering questions about mine, so then I'm late getting home! I've really enjoyed my time down there and would recommend it to anyone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top