JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was a fan of John Walsh. He is a law and order type of person and helped to put a lot of bad guys behind bars. But now I've lost a lot of respect for him.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/john-walsh-takes-nra-vows-continue-piers-morgans-194000262.html

walsh_zpsb111138c.jpg

CNN still out of touch with the american people.

I particularly liked this part:

"I'm a gun owner, I've hunted all my life. I hunt quail on my ranch," he said. "And I am the biggest advocate for background checks out of any gun owner in America."

Where does this big idea come from? That somehow just because A gun owner wants background checks, somehow all gunowners should want background checks? I remember a while ago I was talking to someone, and they kept bringing up individual cases regarding a certain point. I pointed out that's "anecdotal evidence" to which she responded "that's my favorite kind". I hung my head in shame because I realized that continuing was pointless.

I also love this part:
Walsh said the vice president replied, "John, every one of them. Because the NRA will run a tea bagger against you. … They'll put 5 million bucks against you."

You know, if character assassination is a key part of your platform there's zero chance of having a civil discourse. Frankly, I don't care much to negotiate with someone who right out of the gate insults me. I'm pretty sure no one else does either, because this is negotiating with a bully, which is never productive.

I get really tired of this kind of propaganda. At least Leni Riefenstahl cared enough to make her propaganda pretty but the cynical eye makes it clear that it's propaganda. This kind of garbage is right out of "neues volk", it's unabashedly propaganda, even to the dim, the dumb, and the stupid.

Frankly, if John Walsh wants background checks, I want a ranch, perhaps there is ground to negotiate.

I also dont understand the whole "hunting" aspect.

I don't hunt. Im not opposed to it at all, its just not for me.

I do enjoy putting down some paper tigers, clay pigeons and steel dragons..
But aside from those beasts.. Thats about it.

I hate how they feel like they can somehow identify with the firearms community because they "hunt"..
Its laughable.

They still call magazines "clips" and modern sporting rifles
"assault rifles" which we all know (except for you stubborn SOBs) is the incorrect nomenclature.. But if a person isn't a part of the firearms community it'll definitely show once they start talking like these jackwagons.

I disagree with him, but I think he is very decent human being. He is sincere and sincerely wrong, but I don't disparage the man just yet. He has done a lot of good in the world, born out of great personal loss.

I disliked Piers Morgan because the man was an ideological enemy of the constitution at just about every level you can be. He was generally condescending and anti American.

I hate how they feel like they can somehow identify with the firearms community because they "hunt"..
Its laughable.

I don't understand that either. Nor I'm not opposed to hunting. I got my fair share of elk and deer over the years and like you ZA it's just not for me (any longer). However, I do love guns and love talking about guns. Which is as it seems I spend so much time here.

One thing is sure they are out of touch with the firearms, or gun community. Just take a look at this forum; the hunting board is among least active boards here.

It was painful, but I read the entire article. The second thing out of his mouth was to mention that he was the father of a murdered child. Seems like he would be focused on child predators as this is how his son was murdered, no gun involved. Sad that he has descended from such a positive force to sustaining his career on his victim status. He actually believes that background checks will prevent criminals from getting guns.

I can sum up the rest of the article like this:
upload_2014-7-9_16-37-41.jpeg

I don't hunt. Im not opposed to it at all, its just not for me.

I do enjoy putting down some paper tigers, clay pigeons and steel dragons..
But aside from those beasts.. Thats about it.

Its laughable.

They still call magazines "clips" and modern sporting rifles
"assault rifles" which we all know (except for you stubborn SOBs) is the incorrect nomenclature..
But if a person isn't a part of the firearms community it'll definitely show once they start talking like these jackwagons.
so sad they are here too:mad:

Well, I doubt his run at CNN will last as long as his other show if he keeps pushing Piers Morgans agenda.

As to why they all think hunting or owning a gun makes them representative of our culture, it is the truly arrogant and self-absorbed that see everything in the light of their own glory. In their minds, if they believe it, it must be true, and if you can't see what they see, then you are a fool. It is a perspective thing. They don't want to be told that they are not the center of the universe, so they don't listen when you try to explain to them how other people actually feel or believe.

What's funny is that the folks at CNN and those that watch it will lift him high on their shoulders as a 'gun owner' who wants more background checks. They'll claim he represents this mysterious 90% of Americans that are demanding stronger gun laws (funny that 90% don't seem to be speaking up about that :confused:). They are so deluded that they will actually believe that what he says is mainstream belief for American gun owners, or at least it should be.

He's lost my respect for abusing his 2A rights to try and squelch ours. Shame on him.

I have a lot of respect for John Walsh and what he did with AMW and the productivity he showed after the horrible incident with his son. Big disappointment to read some of those quotes from him in above link. Who watches the Communist News Network anyways??...

Watch the program. Make a list of the sponsors. Stress in your messages to the sponsors that Walsh is a hypocrite and his assertions are erroneous and anti-Constitutional. If you can live without the sponsors' products, say so.

So much for any respect. Agree with the previous post; note the sponsors, send a clear message. I just do not understand how people think more laws that bad guys won't follow makes this any better.

Got to wonder how much longer CNN can circle the drain, anyway....

I'll wait to hear how the interviews he does with the Ted Nugent's (and the like) go. All the 2A supporters that ripped Morgan will rip into Walsh too.

:s0093:

I'll wait to hear how the interviews he does with the Ted Nugent's (and the like) go. All the 2A supporters that ripped Morgan will rip into Walsh too.

:s0093:

Yes I concur. Only episode of that ridiculous Limey's show I ever watched was the one with Nugent and Texas Gov. Gotta love the "Stranglehold" Ted had on Morgan with Statistics and detailed references on failed & flawed laws and 2nd amendment infringement. "The Nuge" saw him in concert about 10 years ago and he started his act by bringing up dummies with the faces of Osama and Saddam and sticking them with arrows from his compound bow and proceeded to say what a great country we live in U.S. of A . Bad A**

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top