JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP) — The authorities say a Grants Pass man died in a single-vehicle crash along Highway 260 west of the city.

According to Oregon State Police Sgt. Tyler Lee, 36-year-old John Noveske was ejected from his Toyota Land Cruiser after it failed to negotiate a curve, struck two large boulders and rolled.

Noveske died at the scene Friday evening. He was the owner of a local rifle manufacturing company.

Read more: <broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Don't want to be that guy--especially so soon--but c'mon who doesn't wear a seat belt? It's 2013 for Pete's sake. Damn shame.
Still a lot of people that preach "seat belts are dangerous" and they always seem to know someone who would have died if they were wearing their seat belt.

More power to them I suppose, but this is what happens..

Still a lot of people that preach "seat belts are dangerous" and they always seem to know someone who would have died if they were wearing their seat belt.

More power to them I suppose, but this is what happens..

Seatbelts may cause a few deaths in certain corner cases, but statistically, I'm sure you're much safer wearing one.

Don't want to be that guy--especially so soon--but c'mon who doesn't wear a seat belt? It's 2013 for Pete's sake. Damn shame.

I don't wear one. I don't like things touching me.

This news won't change my mind, nor did my 10+ seatbelt tickets. It's my business.

Now, as for John Noveske, he was an awesome guy who was insanely innovative. He was a precision perfectionist, and the rifles that he made are all worth every penny that they cost.

I read this on another forum.

"We are saddened to learn the news of the passing of John Noveske. He was killed in a motor vehicle accident in which the details are still being investigated.
Our thoughts and prayers are with his Family and Friends.
John raised the bar in the AR-15 business and the gun industry as a whole. There are few individuals who had so much influence. He will be missed."

Mr. Noveske was a Pacific North Westerner. I personally own one of his guns. God bless him and his family. A sad loss to be sure.

I don't wear one. I don't like things touching me.

That's a pretty weak reason to put yourself at extra risk while driving a car. Having said that, it's your decision, not mine.

I believe everyone should wear a seatbelt-- it's safer. I also believe it is not government's place to legislate it. You should be free to take risks if you want to (and you're not putting others at risk).

Not wearing a seat belt is like carrying a 1911 cocked without the safety on. It may never fire accidentally, but it can change your life and others' lives forever up to and including death. A simple act that could stop a tragedy.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2

I feel like it's the same as helme laws. Maybe someone shouldn't tell you how to live your life. If you want to be stupid then by all means. Saves more oxygen for the non-stupid people.

Darwins finest.

I drove a truck for aaa for a while and they had a rule if any rides with you they wear a seat belt. I was strict on that. I did that job in KY where no one wears a seat belt. Just like the old days where kids are just jumping around in the seats. Felt like I was in the 80s again. I had to threaten to leave people on the street corner unless they buckle up.

I don't think i'm going to shoot myself in the face, but i sure as hell won't look down the barrel of a gun.

Stupid is as stupid does

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads