JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I picked up a crappy 163 peice socket set for 39.97, it was supposed to be 79.99 originally. I needed some cheap sockets and wrenchs for breaking. Seemed like a good deal. Makes me wonder how good it really was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a bike, which I was going to pick up anyways. I was in the day before the liquidation, checked the price, came in the day of the liquidation, got the same bike for a decent price.

Not a steal by any stretch of the imagination, but not bad either. Couldn't believe how busy it was though, considering how little people were saving.

I was in the Federal Way store on Friday. Same crappy 10% off sale. Parking lot was full, plus a news crew. I bought windshield wipers because I already needed them, but no discount on guns or ammo like reported. I probably won't go back.

I swear people hear SALE like a dinner bell and think they have to spend money. What a bunch of dopes.

"There have been some legitimate criticisms of their business model, but I don't think we should dance on their grave. Their passing means one less place where the public can buy guns & ammo. I don't think that declining opportunities for public exposure to firearms is a good thing for Pro-2A purposes." Sun195 said.

I agree, with Walmart and Kmart dropping gun sales, and now all of our sporting goods stores going under there wont be any exposer to the general masses. You combine that with our education system that teaches all guns for any purpose are bad, and its not hard to see we are less than 20 years for losing this battle. That being said, its not too late. We have to get people involved again and show them what we already know, guns can be safe and fun and our right to own them is key to keeping balance in our fragile Representative republic. As far as Joe's, I haven't been in one other than to get my son's hunter safety class last year. When they changed their name it was all to clear what message they were trying send.

Joe's rebates are also a problem. I purchased one of the Winchester .22 Wildcats last fall when it was the rifle of the week.. It had a $30 rebate. I sent in the paperwork, went to the store a couple of times and went to calling the customer service number almost daily to get some information. No replies at all.
Last week, I finally got some information. To get the rebate I may have to file a claim in the bankruptcy proceedings.
I have even a nastier deal going with their supplier, LSI, about a Howa rifle. I boxed it up and returned it to Joe's because the barrel/receiver was a bad mix and it shot low, real low. I rejected a scope base fix and sent it all back.
I called the repair center (sportsworld, Tulsa) asking about updates on the progress. In 4 calls, I was rudely treated with short abrupt answers and given no real information. Any attempt to discuss the problem was cut short. The guy treated me as though I was 12 years old and had shaved his cat. I called Joe's and told them to do the follow up. That was when I got the word on liquidation. I was told it would take a few weeks to get the rifle replaced and had to provide a new FFL address to ship to. JBeaglerifles did that for me.
This is the short story. If that repair center was closer... who knows.

I visited the Joe's in Issaquah, WA on Sunday (yesterday). They've dramatically increased the discount on firearms and ammo, all the way up to 5%. Whoopee.

I will think about it at 10%, and, at 20% I'm going to by a(nother) Weatherby.

Bob

I stopped at the new(!) Renton Joe's yesterday. One never knows.

Anyway, the gun "manager" told a customer it was "illegal" to discount firearms, and, they always have to be sold at list price - like cigarettes, he said.

Classic.

I do give him credit for telling customers that many of the prices (non-gun) had actually gone up for the liquidation.

Bob

I would have asked him why Bi-Mart firearms are so much less expensive, if the prices are regulated.

So are they in liquidation as of today?

If it's being done by a second party liquidator it'll be a waste of time, like the infamous Circuit City sell off.

The lot is still there behind Portland Meadows, with some of those old aircraft fuel tanks made in to a fence, I think that was from the old GI Joes also.

Matter of fact, they are being liquidated by the same company as Circuit City.... I think the deals will be just a "Good".

A Joe's salesman told me that there were 32 stores and 1600 employees who got two weeks notice. Bush and Cheney gave away as much as they could to their base, the richest 3% and Oreobama is handing out the rest to the same greedy criminals. There is no difference between the Repugicans and the Demoncrats. None of them give a rat's *** about the working people.

Today I stopped at 82nd st.
Add 10% to all the previous discounts..
Still alot of stuff, still few bargains.
a few rifle die sets,no reloading stuff-rifles @10%off list.
Not much to get excited about

A Joe's salesman told me that there were 32 stores and 1600 employees who got two weeks notice. Bush and Cheney gave away as much as they could to their base, the richest 3% and Oreobama is handing out the rest to the same greedy criminals. There is no difference between the Repugicans and the Demoncrats. None of them give a rat's *** about the working people.

It's refreshing to see someone who gets it!

Still alot of stuff, still few bargains.

Yeah, I stopped in a local one last week. 10% off retail was about all they offered. I guess either they a) aren't too interested in really going out of business, or b) it's a sales stunt and they'll suddenly "recover" soon.

Oddly, there was a "help wanted" sign on the front door. Never seen a company on the way out advertising for more help. The whole thing just stank. One could drive across the street and get equal or better deals from Big 5.

I was told that "Joe's" was sold to a liquidation company, and that's who is operating the stores now. The liquidation company does not offer returns, and they are the ones employing the remaining workers. But if it were me working there, I would need to have a raise in pay to stay in a retail job I knew wasn't going to be around much longer.

The store in Beaverton across from my office is set to close June 30-ish. I assume from what I got from a guy there that the whole chain would be done by then.

There was absolutely nothing to be had in the hunting/firearms section anyway.

Most of the inventory was pretty picked over, but I'd bet discounts start going up around Memorial Day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top