JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any idea how long I have to come up with the money to buy a second safe from them. When I was looking to buy a safe, they had the best prices (by a large margin). I want a second one for ammo. now I am stressed. I thought that I was going to have months to come up with the cash.

Sales start Friday at most stores. The liquidators are the same people doing Boater's World - they started with 10% off - list price. Some of the sale prices were higher than the normal store prices. I don't know if they will use the same tactics with Joe's.

I wonder what they will do with firearms? Most liquidations I've found seem to wholesale them out, since the buyer often doesn't have rights to sell. There were a couple of nice Sakos and Weatherbys at the store I checked out today that were begging to come home with me and join the others in the safe.

Bob

There have been some legitimate criticisms of their business model, but I don't think we should dance on their grave. Their passing means one less place where the public can buy guns & ammo. I don't think that declining opportunities for public exposure to firearms is a good thing for Pro-2A purposes.

There have been some legitimate criticisms of their business model, but I don't think we should dance on their grave. Their passing means one less place where the public can buy guns & ammo. I don't think that declining opportunities for public exposure to firearms is a good thing for Pro-2A purposes.

I agree with that. They did carry some nice firearms and sometiems with decent prices. I also was able to get a few things I couldn't get anywhere else around Seattle (i.e. Browning safe accessories I needed, for example).

Maybe the liquidation will make for a few new gun owners?

Bob

The sale started today at 9am, 10mins ago. Please report back with what kind of price cuts we're looking at. I get off at 2pm and was hoping they might have some .308 for cheap or a shotgun

It they closed like Circuit City did all prices will go up 10 or 20%. It brings people in but I was there yesterday and I am going today but I bet prices will be higher today.

Scott

i'm stuck at work hope to hear some intel on this from some one coming home

I stopped by the Beaverton store earlier this morning...
Parking lot, Full.
Cashiers, Busy. Lines 10+ deep (business as usual!).

Deals? None to be had in my mind.
10% - 20% off regular price items.
0% off on ammo.

Really not to much of a "Sale" in my mind. I walked out with nothing in my hands.

Sad to see them go, but I'm darn glad Obama didn't hand them a bunch of our tax dollars.

I stopped by the one in Milwaukie, long lines but no difference in prices other than the usual weekend sales you always see. Absolutely no change in prices on rifles yet and no handgun ammo in sight. Plus, the guy behind the counter wasn't very interested. I realize he's probably bummed about losing his job but maybe that kind of service is why people stopped buying stuff there. Swung by Northwest Armory and browsed and got some 9mm.

just heard from a gal that got back from the store in Salem. 20% off is the best they are doing and no sales on guns/ammo.

Joes already sold all this inventory to a liquidator and that is who is trying to make as much money off the bulk. Joes has already cashed out on the inventory...

Here's the discount list posted at my local Joe's:

Rack & Rip Accessories 20%
Rig Oil and Antifreeze 10%
Rack and Rig Parts 20%
Food and Beverage 10%
Fishing and Hunting 10%
Guns & Ammo 0%
Camping 10%
Tools/Hardware 20%
Active Electronics 10%
Seasonal Patio - Grill 10%
Accessories/Gift/Environment 20%
Footwear 20%
Menswork/Basic 20%
Levi/Wrangler 20%
Mens/Ladies Active/Sport Apparel 20%
Team Clothing 30%
Athletics 20%
Ski/Marine/RV 10%

It appears they pulled all of the sale tags, so these discounts were off full MSRP.

It's kind of hard to say what's going on - I bought a new spout for my Blitz gas can. It was listed as $11.99 regular price; final price was $4.97.

The place was packed, lines were long (including lines to use the bathroom), and employees were frazzled.

Unless you were already going to buy something at full MSRP, I don't see any reason to go.

Same thing at the Bend store - I work right across the street from it and ran over to see what the fuss was about. Picked up a 16 oz bottle of Hoppes # 9 for 8.99 and several barrel brushes for 1.79 each. Nothing special except for the crowd!

what a joke, some prices were better yesterday, my wife was in a dept. that had a 25% discount yesterday, today it is 20%. Not enough cashiers either, but they sure got the people in there with the so called liquidation sale.

everyone is right, i just got back and the line was to the back of the store. I got some rockey 200 stalker hunting boots. last pair in my size( only 3 total pairs left) and i was already going to buy them, ended up 20% off. not a great deal but i have them in my hands months before hunting season witch is nice. they said that the same people that did circut city is doing this. not really any great deals.

I was in the Beaverton store this PM. Parking lot full, lots of people standing 10 deep in 3 lines. And for what?

A lousy 10 or 20% discount. Damn people are nuts! Even one of the managers said it's been so busy that if they'd had a 20% off sale last month, they probably wouldn't be declaring bankruptcy~!!~

The conversation started when I offered him $250 cash for a $500 generator. I got what I expected. A laugh! I asked when the 'real liquidation sale' was going to start, and he just shrugged.

I guess if people are crazy enough to buy at a 10 or 20% discount, there never will be a real 'Liquidation Sale'.

Anyway, anyone found ammo? I bought the last 3 boxes (400 rounds each) of American 22's at Bi-mart yesterday. I have them for sale on e-Bay for $99.50 a box, less 20%. :s0112:

Frog.

I obtained a copy of the discount list, by merchandise type. Guns and ammo = 0%, as already pointed out. The consultant for the liquidator said they would *probably* not ever offer any sales on those merchandise types.

Bob

The stupid part is I was there 2 days ago and everything was 30% off because I bought some Rivers West camo for turkey season and that sale was going until Sat. but that ended early and now they offer only 10% off. I prefer the 30% much better but prices will go up I bet.

Scott

I hear the same story is happening at the Hillsboro store from a first hand source -- long lines of idiots, people walking out with things they bought from a price INCREASE to a slight sale. Even the radio was covering this and repeated these facts.

... Plus, the guy behind the counter wasn't very interested. ...maybe that kind of service is why people stopped buying stuff there.

No kidding, about a year ago I visited the "Joes" at the Lakewood Mall to replace the Leatherman Ti I thought I'd lost.

I found the Leatherman display, looked at all the pieces there, two, four, six minutes go by as the one lone sales guy kept jawing with a 'customer' whose rifle was in a bench vise, bla, bla, bla, look at the rifle, look at me, seven minutes...

I finally drifted down to their end of the 20-foot counter. Bla bla bla. Excuse me fellahs, could I get somebody down here to show me some Leatherman knives?

"Oh, OK, I'll be down there." Bla bla bla. Finally here comes the guy. I asked for a Ti Xti like the one I lost. He had no idea what those looked like so we're opening box after box to find one. Never did. OK let's look at the Skeletool here.

"We don't have any of those in stock." Bye Bye.

Back in a couple of days later, for some bronze brushes, I asked a different guy about when will you get some Skeletools in? "We have several right now."

Wow. What a surprise to hear that they've gone buns up a year later.

Clueless lazy regional management, uninvolved could-care-less 20 somethings who would fit in at Macy's better than a sporting goods store, a business that had clearly lost its way and a staff who had no ownership of their jobs.

Too familiar!

Clueless lazy regional management, uninvolved could-care-less 20 somethings who would fit in at Macy's better than a sporting goods store, a business that had clearly lost its way and a staff who had no ownership of their jobs.

Too familiar!
This describes most of the shops and stores out there, except Macy's I'll bet:s0155: Seems like the only time you get people that know something about what they are talking about is when they are small mom and pop places...

I stopped at the new(!) Renton Joe's yesterday. One never knows.

Anyway, the gun "manager" told a customer it was "illegal" to discount firearms, and, they always have to be sold at list price - like cigarettes, he said.

Classic.

I do give him credit for telling customers that many of the prices (non-gun) had actually gone up for the liquidation.

Bob

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top