JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now Joe is making one?

I really need to get on top of making one.

In time, in time.

The upper and handguard just got here. All I need now is the barrel/tube/block and the NWFA lower and I'll be ready to rock :s0151:

I got the call but it looks like the barrel wont be done today. Should have it early next week. Sorry about that.

Not a problem, no rush at all! I won't have the lower until next week at the earliest.

As promised here is the Secret Squirrel Saw. Maybe not the final form but at least how it sits at the moment.

80% lower I built and had laser engraved. 3.5lb single stage Velocity trigger. DDC side charger gizmo and Atlas bipod

IMG_0176.JPG IMG_0175.JPG IMG_0173.JPG IMG_0172.JPG

I finally picked up Joe's barrel today. It is really nice. I should not have mentioned that it was stainless so I could have swapped it out with my old one and kept this one without anyone knowing. :) I'll get some pics later

I finally picked up Joe's barrel today. It is really nice. I should not have mentioned that it was stainless so I could have swapped it out with my old one and kept this one without anyone knowing. :) I'll get some pics later

Thanks again man, I can't wait to get this put together!

Here is the barrel kit. This is the same profile as mine except in stainless. The barrel in my bumpsaw and this one are both from Heller Enterprises / Tactical Ammunition. Custom Order Barrels

I'd thought I'd send them some thanks since they were very helpful in getting a custom barrel made for me in short notice for Joe.

These guys are local in St Helens, OR. These are new barrels that they are now making themselves in house and I've been really happy with how mine is performing. This one is the "special purpose" which is a heavier barrel.

I've also had good luck with their ammo, including their A max 750 gr 50 BMG in my single shot, though it does kick a heck of a lot harder than the federal stuff.

Though it does not look like it from the street they do have a sales counter and have parts and ammo in stock.

IMG_3721.JPG
IMG_3723.JPG

Here is the barrel kit. This is the same profile as mine except in stainless. The barrel in my bumpsaw and this one are both from Heller Enterprises / Tactical Ammunition. Custom Order Barrels

I'd thought I'd send them some thanks since they were very helpful in getting a custom barrel made for me in short notice for Joe.

These guys are local in St Helens, OR. These are new barrels that they are now making themselves in house and I've been really happy with how mine is performing. This one is the "special purpose" which is a heavier barrel.

I've also had good luck with their ammo, including their A max 750 gr 50 BMG in my single shot, though it does kick a heck of a lot harder than the federal stuff.

Though it does not look like it from the street they do have a sales counter and have parts and ammo in stock.

View attachment 332895
View attachment 332894

That thing is beautiful.

Lower receiver is assembled now :)

Meeting up with @bolus this weekend to get the upper put together (threw this one on for fun), then it's time for some fun!

img5.jpg

@bolus & @Joe Link

Another fish biting the hook here. Seeing these toys in action reminds of running the 60's. Now I want one.

I was looking through the barrels available at Tactical Ammunition, and thought maybe going 7.62x39 for a lesser ammo expense. Unfortunately there's nothing listed as available. Considering they make 308 (7.62x54) barrels, that gets me thinking my wants in a shorter chamber may be an option?

@bolus & @Joe Link

Another fish biting the hook here. Seeing these toys in action reminds of running the 60's. Now I want one.

I was looking through the barrels available at Tactical Ammunition, and thought maybe going 7.62x39 for a lesser ammo expense. Unfortunately there's nothing listed as available. Considering they make 308 (7.62x54) barrels, that gets me thinking my wants in a shorter chamber may be an option?

I gave Tactical a call, They can do barrels in 7.62x39 and have a few sizes in stock plus they can do one custom for you. They are going to shotshow this week though.

They said to give them a call today or next week if you wanted to get the details
(503) 397-9721

I gave Tactical a call, They can do barrels in 7.62x39 and have a few sizes in stock plus they can do one custom for you. They are going to shotshow this week though.

They said to give them a call today or next week if you wanted to get the details
(503) 397-9721
I was wanting to get a little feedback from you before I called them. Great info, thanks!!
I'll give them a call for a run down on a barrel.

I was wanting to get a little feedback from you before I called them. Great info, thanks!!
I'll give them a call for a run down on a barrel.

my barrel is from them and is doing fine probably #500 rounds (you loose track when you go through mags that fast). Im interested in seeing how Joe's barrel does as well.

I'm watching the activity going on of the subject ;)

I bought an AERO M5E1 Builders Kit a while back, and I have some AR15 parts, lowers, etc. I'm not sure what way I want to go just yet. Cheaper the better obviously. I can build for less if I stay AR15 platform. It's got me thinking, that's for sure.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top