Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Joe Evans, friend.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tac, Oct 4, 2015.

1. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

I've just gotten back from delivering mrs tac to the airport for her usual Fall jaunt to Spain to see her cousin, sat down with a pint of coffee, and opened my email to find a couple of dozen emails from folks I don't know, all telling me that our dearest friend of many years, Joe Evans, of Le Bleu Road, Eugene, had passed away suddenly this morning [for you, that is - you are eight hours behind us here in UK].

You Guys, who don't know me from Adam, have all lost dear and close friends over the years, but nevertheless, it's a great shock to us all, none greater than that for his wife of many years, Alma, who found him early this morning.

Joe was truly one of the good guys on this good earth, and although we only go back around eight years, we sensed in each other a definite kindred spirit. We are both grumpy and prone to grumbling about things we can never change, and meanwhile, desperately looking for answers to things that might have seemed unimportant to other folks. We both challenged the accepted view of the population of the Americas from the so-called perceived wisdom, and were endlessly fascinated by all kinds of stuff, from the Great Missoula floods to local history. We were, in fact, so alike in mind that it was nothing unusual to see us together saying the same things at the same time about the same subjects

He had a deep an abiding love for the Pacific Northwest, and loved to show it to us on our annual meet-ups.

We loved him and cherished him, and looked forward to the next time we all met up, me and Gay and him and Alma.

This is us on a recent trip around the Oregon that we both loved so much -
    upload_2015-10-5_7-41-6.png

Joe, Alma, Gaynor and me, on a bright sunny day - the best way to remember dearly loved friends.

RIP, Joe.

tac and mrs tac, in the air over Europe.

clearconscience and RicInOR like this.
  2. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

So sorry for your loss, tac! SRG

tac likes this.
  3. tac

SRG, thanks, friend - today we've ALL lost something that was good and brightly shining.

tac

4. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Thanks for sharing your loss Tac
    Joe would be fun to know
    Now he's my loss too.
    God Bless you all

tac likes this.
  5. tac

Thanks, Rick. Appreciated.

tac

6. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

My condolences. It is hard to lose a friend and kindred spirit. Thank you for sharing about him with us.

tac likes this.
  7. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Rest in peace Joe. Condolences.

tac likes this.
  8. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss Tac. Never gets any easier.
    His fight is over. Peace from here on out.
    RIP.

tac likes this.
  9. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Losing a kindred spirit takes a chunk of your soul, I think that's why you feel empty when they go.

Sorry brother.

tac likes this.