JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm looking to do a 9mm AR pistol build with...let's just say less than common parts. Things you would't find walking into any local shop - otherwise I'd be there buying them. In the process of building a 9mm AR, there's a lot take into account to get it to function the way you'd expect. So I've been going through webpages online trying to get specific parts.

The one shop that has the majority of the parts I need is Joe Bob Outfitters. Traditionally, I've avoided this place because of the plethora of one star reviews they've received regarding their customer service - yet they're always one of the first places to pop up - and there still seem to be a lot of people who love them. Their business seems to be thriving so...

Has anyone here had experience with this online retailer? Looking for good or bad experiences.

Joe Bob "ain't done did save me any money."...

When comparison shopping, I've always found a cheaper source than that outfit, plus the "hayseed" lingo they use pi$$es me off for some reason.

HINT: if you're using google, the first results (sometimes dozens) are paid advertisements. Drill down further on the web-search, you'll find what you're looking for elsewhere.

I haven't ordered a lot from them but I have made a couple of orders recently and have no complaints. Orders over $90 are shipped for free, seem to have real time inventory and prices are pretty competitive especially when you factor in the free shipping. I ordered a few things last Friday and they were on my door step Monday.

Now I am in no way guaranteeing anything but I've had good luck so far on 2 orders in the last 10 days.

Joe Bob "ain't done did save me any money."...

When comparison shopping, I've always found a cheaper source than that outfit, plus the "hayseed" lingo they use pi$$es me off for some reason.

HINT: if you're using google, the first results (sometimes dozens) are paid advertisements. Drill down further on the web-search, you'll find what you're looking for elsewhere.

I agree with your statement and I usually do find other places have something I need cheaper but this time around I could save by using them and also minimize shipping costs by keeping it from one source instead of paying shipping 5 times to get 5 parts from 5 places.

The one thing that worries me is the firearm part (lower) is part of that order. Not only have I never bought a firearm of any kind online but its not through a source I've established any trust in...

Of course it's me and I have to do everything "different."

I've purchased from them before.
No probs.

What AR9 parts are you looking for ?
I want to build using a side charging upper with a Colt pattern lower....while having LRBHO. Not a lot of parts out there that work in this combination. Probably why I want to give it a try.

I want to build using a side charging upper with a Colt pattern lower....while having LRBHO. Not a lot of parts out there that work in this combination. Probably why I want to give it a try.
Quarter Circle 10 has what you seek.
Their list prices on their website scare a lot of people away, but....

1) For a Colt pattern lower they are unmatched.
2) They use Gibbz Arms side-charging uppers for their side-charging version.

I just bought a QC10 Colt pattern rear charger.
Actual : $1146
It was during the Christmas sale.

They use (and sell) top shelf parts.
Brace : SB Tactical
Trigger : I think it's a Geissele (I need to ask)
Lower : QC10 proprietary
Upper : VLTOR
Charging Handle : Radian Raptor
Handguard : SLR Rifleworks
Barrel : QC10
Grip : Magpul
Mag : Metalform (hands down the best)

Greg Cote typically has the best prices on Metalform mags.
Do not bother with CPD or ASC Colt pattern mags.

If you are shopping price, call and ask for Courtney.
Have your shopping list ready and ask if there are any sales coming up.

Last Edited:
I've bought stuff from them about 6 times now in the last year. They have always been good to deal with. A lot of times they do save me money. One of the many reasons I've bought stuff and gone back to them... Another great place I go to is Right to bear arms. They are top notch guys if you are looking for AR parts..

Quarter Circle 10 has what you seek.
Their list prices on their website scare a lot of people away, but....

1) For a Colt pattern lower they are unmatched.
2) They use Gibbz Arms side-charging uppers for their side-charging version.

I just bought a QC10 Colt pattern rear charger.
Actual : $1146
It was during the Christmas sale.

They use (and sell) top shelf parts.
Brace : SB Tactical
Trigger : I think it's a Geissele (I need to ask)
Lower : QC10 propriary
Upper : VLTOR
Handguard : SLR Rifleworks
Barrel : QC10
Grip : Magpul
Mag : Metalform (hands down the best)

Greg Cote typically has the best prices on Metalform mags.
Do not bother with CPD or ASC Colt pattern mags.

If you are shopping price, call and ask for Courtney.
Have your shopping list ready and ask if there are any sales coming up.

My goal was....
Spikes Colt 9mm spider lower
Gibbz G9 side Charging upper
Kaw Valley Precision bolt
Either Spikes or Ballistic Advantage 5.5" barrel
KAK/Tailhook combo
Buffer/Spring combo yet undecided
Trigger milspec already have (for now)
Rest of the parts I have or have yet to decide

Quarter Circle 10 is nice but I feel once I get up in the $1,000+ range I start leaning toward saving up for an MPX...

My goal was....
Spikes Colt 9mm spider lower
Gibbz G9 side Charging upper
Kaw Valley Precision bolt
Either Spikes or Ballistic Advantage 5.5" barrel
KAK/Tailhook combo
Buffer/Spring combo yet undecided
Trigger milspec already have (for now)
Rest of the parts I have or have yet to decide
That's a nice build list.
The lower is dedicated 9mm which is mega easier on the eyes than a converted 5.56 magwell.
(as you know)

My QC10 came with a "tune-able" buffer (multiple weight combos possible) and a Sprinco "Red" buffer spring.
They are adamant about using that spring for AR9.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top