JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Biden, who is the administration point man on gun control goes absolutely incoherent talking to Charlie Rose about guns, bullets, "assault" rifles, 9mm vs .38 spc, and just about everything else to do with guns. The really bad part is that he can make himself sound like he knows what he's talking about while spouting absolute gibberish...

Someone should do one of these interviews and when they start spouting these lies, just hold up a 5.56 next to a 30 06 and in this case a 9mm and .38 and ask what makes one a magic death talisman that "blows the lung out".

Good lord this bubblegum is getting old. I feel more and more like I'm in idiocracy, where more and more people around me have about an 83 IQ who eat this cap up.

I won't listen to that pampered aristocratic pseudo-knowledge. What is he going to suggest now, that someone should of fired a shotgun in the air when the nutter went into the Orlando club?!

Me too on the tag, so it's annoying. "Tab" is too. As in "Tabbed in" Oh, STFU! :p

Anyway why torture yourselves listening to the yapping of anybody that is bloviating about something about which they know nothing?

Joe looks like he got those stint things in the outer edges of his eyes to pull back all that saggy skin.

9mm is more kilr than a 38...apparently Drunk Unkl Joe flunked basic maths.

There's a reason they call him crazy joe.

he's just as ignorant as all the other liberals Dead brain fools.

They might as well talk about nuclear physics.

They are just as ignorant in every other aspect of life for US citizens, but it's okay they make the laws and tell us how to live.

I'll play devils advocate and defend Joe Biden's message here. Yes he was a little mixed up on things, but he is not completely off. What I heard him say, after post-processing and re-rendering what he might have meant to say: #1 AR15s are powerful guns and more lethal, say compared to a 9mm, a 38SP or even smaller caliber, like the .22. #2 The same would be true for a 9mm Glock compared to a 38SP revolver. The reason in #1 is the velocity and energy transfer, about 2700-3000 feet/s and say ballpark 1500 ft lbs of energy. Enough humph to penetrate ballistic vests without a plate. #2 is true - not because of the energy level difference - , but because a magazine fed Glock delivers many more rounds between each reload than a 5 or six shot revolver. The AR has both, capacity and power, and once your target moves beyond 15-20 yards, the rifle also has its inherent accuracy advantage. All guns are deadly, and some are deadlier than others. 9mm semi-automatic handguns were used in the second most deadly massacre, Virginia Tech, the AR was used now, and a couple of times before.

I am not arguing for a ban of anything. I am just extending the courtesy and goodwill to understand what Biden was saying.

BTW, people should stop talking about bans. Every time they do, ARs and lowers are flying off the shelves. My local shop sold over 200 in 4 days - and many of them to people who are new to guns. If proliferation is an issue don't draft new fix-nothing bills or you are complicit.

I have a fast computer at home, but every afternoon I check on my adopted Mom across town and she has my old computer that is so slow that when I see something on NWF I just write 'Tag" so I can find it later when I get home.
NWF has a weird thing that when you check out a new thread and you don't respond to it, the next time that you go looking for it, you can't find it unless somebody has posted a reply.
It's been ghosted on my screen somehow and for the life of me, I can't figure out why when you read a new thread and minutes later you can't retrieve the thread that you just reviewed.

From now on I will post "Tagged for further review" that way you guys won't get confused.

Last Edited:
I have a fast computer at home, but every afternoon I check on my adopted Mom across town and she has my old computer that is so slow that when I see something on NWF I just write 'Tag" so I can find it later when I get home.
NWF has a weird thing that when you check out a new thread and you don't respond to it, the next time that you go looking for it, you can't find it unless somebody has posted a reply.
It's been ghosted on my screen somehow and for the life of me, I can't figure out why when you read a new thread and minutes later you can't retrieve the thread that you just reviewed.

From now on I will post "Tagged for further review" that way you guys won't get confused.

Thanks, I couldn't figure out the context or the meaning, especially since 3 or 4 letter words have taken on a life and meaning of their own on the internet. I thought for minute, "Tag, you're it!" and that was just more bewildering.

I use the back button to return to previous posts, but that works only if it's the same session; I appreciate the practicality of earmark tagging a post so it's listed in your recent posts.

Thanks, I couldn't figure out the context or the meaning, especially since 3 or 4 letter words have taken on a life and meaning of their own on the internet. I thought for minute, "Tag, you're it!" and that was just more bewildering.

I use the back button to return to previous posts, but that works only if it's the same session; I appreciate the practicality of earmark tagging a post so it's listed in your recent posts.

Perhaps @Joe Link can add a subscribe/watch thread menu option to the lower right hamburger menu icon so folks don't have to make a placeholder post within the threads?

when they take the ,223's and 9mm my only resort will be 180 gr ballistic tip -06 rounds and my .45ACP or .44spl. My .30 Carbine Blackhawk would hurt their ears at 1700fps

All these years I've been criticised by some of my American acquaintances for labouring under the belief that the VP was ALWAYS chosen precisely because he was a total cretin as a Machiavellian means of keeping the president safe from harm. The alternative, should anything untoward happen to the principal leader of the nation, was there to see and hear for all every time the VP opened his mouth or actually did something - both of which could happen at the same time.

Seems that I've been right all along.

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews